1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo 1.1 pricing?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Tah Zonemaster, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys :)
    I'm sorry for asking this, but Kaiser convinced me to buy XenForo. The problem is, I can't buy it soon, as I'm going to use PayPal. But my question is: will XenForo 1.1 have the same price as 1.0? I mean, I couldn't find this on google. Thanks!

Tah Zonemaster

2. T3G Silas

T3G Silas Active Member

The price of Xenforo shall stay the same. :)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just to follow up on the previous post, there are currently no plans to increase the prices listed on the purchase page.

http://xenforo.com/purchase/

4. Thanks guys :)
    Problem solved :)

5. James

James Well-Known Member

The price of XF for the foreseeable future will be $140 + $40 (optional) annual fee for support and upgrades.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

You don't know this for sure. Really the only ones who can comment on the future price of XenForo would be Kier, Mike, or Ashley. :)

8. Floris

Floris Guest

I paid for 1.x license, not 1.0
    If they tricked me like that, I am out.
    They're not dickheads like some other companies we know.
    So I doubt that will happen.

9. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

No. You bought a license for one year. Thereafter, You'll have to renew for 40$.

10. Floris

Floris Guest

Rofl. First of all, read between the lines regarding my post, apply common sense, and move on.

Secondly, before you buy or download a XenForo license you have to read and agree to the EULA, obviously you didn't. You "assume" what a license might mean to you.

Go on, read it again - See where it mentions a time frame.

You agree to:

The license is "we grant you permission to install an instance", it doesn't say "This license means you are allowed to run it for up to 12 months, after which you have to uninstall, or renew" ..

I invested in what was portrayed to me: Permission to run an instance, time: perpetual, and not an anual lease.

If I am blatantly wrong and the EULA is invalid, then I was misrepresented, @Ashley : Feel free to refund the money for the 5 licenses. I doubt there's a need for that though.

You're probably confusing the support option and update option that comes with a license.

A license comes with 12 months of updates and ticket support. 12-month update and support extensions will be purchasable for $40. So if 1.1 gets released tomorrow, it's available to the customers. If it gets released after March 13th 2012 (expiry date for most ppl) then for $40 you have to renew the status of the license (which you are still allowed to run) to get newer released updates and support. The inactive status of a license doesn't mean the EULA enforces you to uninstall or buy a new license for $140. It reflects the 'support', which includes updates.

Vodkaholic likes this.
  11. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

At the current time :) who knows in 1-5 odd years
    Money is an Evil thing
    lol (y)

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

No. It's a lifetime license. You can use it from now til doomsday.

What you are spending $40 every 12 months to renew is updates and ticket support.

13. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Floris and Nasr are fully aware of the xenForo terms. They are simply misunderstanding each other, which is quite comical. :cool:

tickedon, Nasr and borbole like this.
  14. Ati

Ati Active Member

December 2012? :D

kaoticnick, Vodkaholic, Peggy and 2 others like this.
  15. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

First and formost, you need to calm down and stop over reacting about trivial things. From your previous post, you made it seem that you "paid for 1.x" which indicates that you'll be able to get any 1.x release until 2.x comes out, similar to what VB is doing with their licensing. When I said you bought a license for one year, yes, it was in regards to support and upgrades. However, usage, you can use the license for a lifetime. :)

Cheers!

tickedon likes this.
  16. So, if I'm correct I have to pay 140 bucks again when I wanna update to XF2?

17. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

No, you'd only have to pay $40 a year to keep access to updates current.

18. Ooh, so if I bought a license today and I'm updating it every year with 40 bucks, I can still get access with those $40 updates to XenForo 2 update?

19. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Oh man, why do folks make simple things so complicated.

Zonemaster,

1. You have to spend $140 and you get to download current version of xF which you can run forever.
    2. You will also be able to download and install any updates that are released one year from the time you purchased.
    3. Once your one year is up, you will not be able to download new versions.
    4. After your one year is over, and another version is released then you need to pay $40 to download that new version.

I hope it's clear now.

20. Thanks, that's all I needed to know. :) Thanks :)