XenForo 1.1 pricing?

Hey guys :)
I'm sorry for asking this, but Kaiser convinced me to buy XenForo. The problem is, I can't buy it soon, as I'm going to use PayPal. But my question is: will XenForo 1.1 have the same price as 1.0? I mean, I couldn't find this on google. Thanks!

Tah Zonemaster

No. You bought a license for one year. Thereafter, You'll have to renew for 40$.
Rofl. First of all, read between the lines regarding my post, apply common sense, and move on.

Secondly, before you buy or download a XenForo license you have to read and agree to the EULA, obviously you didn't. You "assume" what a license might mean to you.

Go on, read it again - See where it mentions a time frame.

You agree to:

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation.

The license is "we grant you permission to install an instance", it doesn't say "This license means you are allowed to run it for up to 12 months, after which you have to uninstall, or renew" ..

I invested in what was portrayed to me: Permission to run an instance, time: perpetual, and not an anual lease.

If I am blatantly wrong and the EULA is invalid, then I was misrepresented, @Ashley : Feel free to refund the money for the 5 licenses. I doubt there's a need for that though.

You're probably confusing the support option and update option that comes with a license.

A license comes with 12 months of updates and ticket support. 12-month update and support extensions will be purchasable for $40. So if 1.1 gets released tomorrow, it's available to the customers. If it gets released after March 13th 2012 (expiry date for most ppl) then for $40 you have to renew the status of the license (which you are still allowed to run) to get newer released updates and support. The inactive status of a license doesn't mean the EULA enforces you to uninstall or buy a new license for $140. It reflects the 'support', which includes updates.

Rofl. First of all, read between the lines regarding my post, apply common sense, and move on.

Secondly, before you buy or download a XenForo license you have to read and agree to the EULA, obviously you didn't. You "assume" what a license might mean to you.

Go on, read it again - See where it mentions a time frame.

You agree to:

The license is "we grant you permission to install an instance", it doesn't say "This license means you are allowed to run it for up to 12 months, after which you have to uninstall, or renew" ..

I invested in what was portrayed to me: Permission to run an instance, time: perpetual, and not an anual lease.

If I am blatantly wrong and the EULA is invalid, then I was misrepresented, @Ashley : Feel free to refund the money for the 5 licenses. I doubt there's a need for that though.

You're probably confusing the support option and update option that comes with a license.

A license comes with 12 months of updates and ticket support. 12-month update and support extensions will be purchasable for $40. So if 1.1 gets released tomorrow, it's available to the customers. If it gets released after March 13th 2012 (expiry date for most ppl) then for $40 you have to renew the status of the license (which you are still allowed to run) to get newer released updates and support. The inactive status of a license doesn't mean the EULA enforces you to uninstall or buy a new license for $140. It reflects the 'support', which includes updates.

First and formost, you need to calm down and stop over reacting about trivial things. From your previous post, you made it seem that you "paid for 1.x" which indicates that you'll be able to get any 1.x release until 2.x comes out, similar to what VB is doing with their licensing. When I said you bought a license for one year, yes, it was in regards to support and upgrades. However, usage, you can use the license for a lifetime. :)

Cheers!

Oh man, why do folks make simple things so complicated.

Zonemaster,

1. You have to spend $140 and you get to download current version of xF which you can run forever.
2. You will also be able to download and install any updates that are released one year from the time you purchased.
3. Once your one year is up, you will not be able to download new versions.
4. After your one year is over, and another version is released then you need to pay $40 to download that new version.

I hope it's clear now.

Top Bottom