XF 2.2 200-character search limit? I get "Please enter a value using 200 characters or fewer" on my forum but not on Xenforo (here).

MaximilianKohler

Long: Analysis of bacterial vaginosis, the vaginal microbiome, and sexually transmitted infections following the provision of menstrual cups in Kenyan schools: Results of a nested study within a cluster randomized controlled trial

Short: Analysis of bacterial vaginosis, the vaginal microbiome, and sexually transmitted infections following the provision of menstrual cups in Kenyan schools

I'm using Xon's "Search Improvements 2.10.3" and "[OzzModz] Google Search 2.0.0". When I search for the long string I get:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a value using 200 characters or fewer.

I can't find any option in the ACP for this 200-character limit, and when I search the same string on the Xenforo forums I don't get that error. So I figured it must be an addon. All the addons I'm using: https://gist.github.com/MaximilianKohler/3bdedd0185283ac30c1f1422f9626947#addons-1

After disabling Xon's "Search Improvements 2.10.3" it would allow me to search for longer text without giving that error, but still wouldn't show the results unless I shortened it.

After disabling "[OzzModz] Google Search 2.0.0" the Please enter a value using 200 characters or fewer. error message returned.
OzzModz's Google search gives 0 results either way.

The only result I found was this bug fix thread "Please enter a value using 200 characters or fewer." error on rejected registration | https://xenforo.com/community/threads/please-enter-a-value-using-200-characters-or-fewer-error-on-rejected-registration.191321/

/admin.php?options/groups/searchOptions/ has a Maximum number of search/find new results value of 200, so I tried changing that but it didn't make a difference.

Only time (for me) in my tries using your long title that I did not get that warning was when I clicked on Search titles only... but I only tried it about 25 times.

To clarify:
It's a problem if it says "no results found" since someone would give up on the search in that case. Whereas, if it's accurately informing us that we simply need to reduce the character count, then we can do that and find our results.

Top Bottom