XenForo 1.1 pricing?

Hey guys :)
I'm sorry for asking this, but Kaiser convinced me to buy XenForo. The problem is, I can't buy it soon, as I'm going to use PayPal. But my question is: will XenForo 1.1 have the same price as 1.0? I mean, I couldn't find this on google. Thanks!

Tah Zonemaster

First and formost, you need to calm down and stop over reacting about trivial things. From your previous post, you made it seem that you "paid for 1.x" which indicates that you'll be able to get any 1.x release until 2.x comes out, similar to what VB is doing with their licensing. When I said you bought a license for one year, yes, it was in regards to support and upgrades. However, usage, you can use the license for a lifetime. :)

Cheers!

That is indeed exactly what I said, that I paid for 1.x, and so any update available for 1.x will be available to me.

If 2.x comes with an upgrade free, I completely understand that - despite the active/inactive status of the license.
And any update available to me on 1.x means that it depends on the status of the license, active vs inactive. The latter doesn't require a repurchase of the license, it requires a renewal of the support ($40).

Since you now mention you were referring to the support/upgrades for 1.0 - then we simply agree :)

That is indeed exactly what I said, that I paid for 1.x, and so any update available for 1.x will be available to me.

If 2.x comes with an upgrade free, I completely understand that - despite the active/inactive status of the license.
And any update available to me on 1.x means that it depends on the status of the license, active vs inactive. The latter doesn't require a repurchase of the license, it requires a renewal of the support ($40).

Since you now mention you were referring to the support/upgrades for 1.0 - then we simply agree :)

Erm... really? Want to quote the part of the purchase process or license agreement that says you are purchasing or paid for 1.x? As far as I can see, we purchase a license to "XenForo Software" (EULA) or "XenForo License" (checkout). No version numbers mentioned.

It seems you are making this far more complicated than it is.

You are right, the greater part of the EULA doesn't mention version 1.x specifically. And the frontpage/purchase page doesn't list it's for 1.x - Apologies on that part. It seems the license is for any version available to you while the status of the license is 'active' and therefor grants you permission to download any version released within that period it was active.

The license is not that complicated.
6. Support

For the initial twelve months of the License (“Initial Period”), which shall commence upon payment by You of the applicable license Fee, We shall provide You with support to respond to any problems (“Support”) You are experiencing with the Software which result in it not complying with its description or the demonstration, as made available on Our website (“Problem”). Such Support and all Updates are included in the License Fee for the Initial Period.

Top Bottom