[XenConcept] Next Previous Thread

[XenConcept] Next Previous Thread [Paid] 2.0.2 Patch Level 3

No permission to buy ($15.00)
It looks like there is a problem with permissions.
Example:

Forum with several threads, but a user cant see the threads of other users only his onw ones.
Then every user can still see the title of the other threads.

Solution: Dont show the titles. But i want to see the titles as admin.

I will try to solve it with an if, then, but you may should check the permissions itself instead, please.

It looks like there is a problem with permissions.
Example:

Forum with several threads, but a user cant see the threads of other users only his onw ones.
Then every user can still see the title of the other threads.

Solution: Dont show the titles. But i want to see the titles as admin.

I will try to solve it with an if, then, but you may should check the permissions itself instead, please.

Hello,
What's the permission concerned?

User A can see only his thread in Forum X.
User B can see only his thread in Forum X.

With permissions to prev/next and option to show "thread titles" User a can see thread title of user b and vice versa.
The prev/next should show them only there own thread titles or nothing.

I have fixed it with showing only "prev" and "next", but so we have a link leading to an error page.
So i hope you can care for the perms. If a title is not visible for a user, there should be no prev/next for this user.

User A can see only his thread in Forum X.
User B can see only his thread in Forum X.

With permissions to prev/next and option to show "thread titles" User a can see thread title of user b and vice versa.
The prev/next should show them only there own thread titles or nothing.

I have fixed it with showing only "prev" and "next", but so we have a link leading to an error page.
So i hope you can care for the perms. If a title is not visible for a user, there should be no prev/next for this user.

I don't understand the error. You request is not a private customization?

Go to your board.
Add a forum.
Set userpermissions to "dont see title/threads of other users" for group registered.
Means this is a support forum, where you can open a thread and only you and me (admin) can see this thread.

Now add prev/next to the forum. Let thread titles be shown.

Admin wants to see that to move fast from newest to older threads.
But users can see now the title of other user's threads.

The permission "dont see title/threads of other users" is not used here, when threads are selected as prev/next. You miss to filter the query fpr that permission.

If i have one thread as a user here, i should not see prev/next at all.
If i have two threads i should see either prev or next.
I should not see and title or prev/next from other threads than mine.

It is a permission of xenforo.
For example to have a support forum, where every user can see only his own thread.

To make this add-on complete:

1. Add phrases (if not done)
2. The nex/prec should also be visible on info_tab, rating or other tabs. No normal user would understand why he can jump next/prev only on the resource page.

And maybe you should set my licenses to the year 2050, while i help you completing the add-on. :)

To make this add-on complete:

1. Add phrases (if not done)
2. The nex/prec should also be visible on info_tab, rating or other tabs. No normal user would understand why he can jump next/prev only on the resource page.

And maybe you should set my licenses to the year 2050, while i help you completing the add-on. :)
Hello,

You want to talk about that add-on?

You may should add two more template_changes for extra and reviews.
Should be done in ten minutes. I do it now in my forum.

I still have wrong next/prevs. In a cat with some resources, i can prev/next only three. I will check it in a minute, the error was also before.
You may write for the update that an deinstall would help, also to erase the directory, else old stuff will stay there.

Last edited:
You also should ask for the first and the last.

If first
next => second
prev => last

if last
next => first
prev => last-1

else do normal

You may could add also the field to compare, because last_update makes sense for some, but not alle type of RM content.

Last edited:
You also should ask for the first and the last.

If first
next => second
prev => last

if last
next => first
prev => last-1

else do normal

You may could add also the field to compare, because last_update makes sense for some, but not alle type of RM content.

Hello,

Can you use the discussion adapted to the resource concerned?

If users are used with prev/next, they await to have it always.
This means with selected prefix and also within search results.
Is this solved meanwhile?

I guess there is still a problem in forums with restricted user (view) permissions?
Then the addon is not usable in such subforums.

Last edited:
I have seen you have added the canViewThreadOthers. Thank you very much.
The rest is maybe to complicated, i will try it first to have a concept that makes sense.

Top Bottom