1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next/Previous Thread navigation

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by wizzard, Jul 30, 2010.

1. wizzard

wizzard Active Member

Not seen this posted already. Is there going to be Next/Previous Thread Navigation so you don't have to go back to the forum home to click on the next thread?

2. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Good question, although I never did really use the next/previous links for threads.

3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've never actually used it either.

4. Freddie

Freddie Active Member

I never used it either but non power users may use it.

5. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

Another vote for never used it .... wonder how many people do?

6. Floris

Floris Guest

I use this a lot actually, hehe. Always the weird one I am :p

7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Can't say I ever used this as it would be pot luck if you went to a unread post that your interested in. Previous or Next.

8. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Member

If you are going to add this, you'd better change "previous" and "Next" to the titles of those thread.

Kjartan Simonsen and faeronsayn like this.
  9. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

I never use them also , not an essential feature imo.

10. Shelley

Ignore posted in wrong thread.​

11. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Looks like you responded on wrong thread Shelly :D

Shelley likes this.
  12. Shelley

LOL Damn you for being quick. Didn't edit my last post in time. :D

Mert likes this.
  13. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

I never used it. Not the least of which reason being that it didn't show the thread titles, and the links were just "wrong". It was URL of current thread & +1 instead of the actual thread URL.

14. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I have never really used this feature. Changes of using the next link and finding a post you like are slim. Ide rather go in the forum category and choose from their so i know what im getting myself into.

15. silendreamer

silendreamer Active Member

Is there a way to go from one thread to the next without having to go back to the list of threads?

For eg. if I am moderating a forum, and I want to check for spam in the 10 most recently posted threads. When I am done checking the first thread, how do I go to the next new thread, without having to go back to the list of threads (forumdisplay page)

vBulletin used to have the Next thread and Previous thread links. Am I missing something or doesn't Xenforo have it?

Digital Doctor likes this.
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

So I think you want a "Latest Posts" view, not a listing of latest threads.

Wouldn't it be nice to view the latest 10 posts (on one page), and click on posts that might need moderating ?

17. silendreamer

silendreamer Active Member

Latest posts is available here -- > http://xenforo.com/community/find-new/threads

What I am asking for is a way to navigate from one thread to another without having to click on the back button or go back to the list of threads .. similar to in vB (next thread and previous thread)

Is there an option somewhere to enable it? Or is it not available as a feature at all?

18. Digital Doctor

That is a list of the latest threads, ie. a list of the threads that contain the latest posts.

I know what you want :)

not available, as far as I see.

My option was like yours but ....

Attached Files:

19. Digital Doctor

20. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Well-Known Member

So few people ever use this feature that on most forums it would just be unnecessary clutter. I'm sure someone will release a mod for it eventually, but I don't think that it should ever be built into the software itself.

Digital Doctor likes this.