XenCentral Multisite System 2

XenCentral Multisite System 2 [Paid] 2.1.0 Release Candidate 2

No permission to buy (€69.99)
When I upgraded, it enabled every single addon I had for some reason which caused some issues.

Every time I enable the product in the options, it activates every single addon. This is broken, don't install it.

Last edited:
When I upgraded, it enabled every single addon I had for some reason which caused some issues.

Every time I enable the product in the options, it activates every single addon. This is broken, don't install it.

Yeah I had this same issue, and have had to disable it. I also have an issue with styles where only the default is usable.

Can you move threads / posts between domains?

Thread/posts are based on the node they are in; if a domain has access to a node, then it'll be visible. If you move a thread from one node to another that is available to that domain, it'll show up.

This add-on requires sites be part of the same installation (filesystem and database).
Thanks!

How can I make a Xenforum "one installation" if I want to make a part of Xenforo (for example 2 categories) be on a different domain or subdomain?

If you send me a link to a description that would be great as well?

A would like to put 2 categories to a subdomain because it would be better for estatics.

Thanks!

How can I make a Xenforum "one installation" if I want to make a part of Xenforo (for example 2 categories) be on a different domain or subdomain?
This add-on was fairly flexible for XF1, but it looks as if it is a bit more barebones now (XF1 to XF2 is a large upgrade process for add-ons).

You install the addon, setup the sites you are planning (domainA and domainB), set up the node hierarchy (nodes can be used on both, or you can restrict them to specific domains), and then configure the remaining settings per site.

The users are shared between sites as it is on one installation, and you can restrict content as needed. Depending on what you specifically want to do there is more that can be done, and more will be possible if they plan to add back third party add-on support the way they did in XF1.

This add-on was fairly flexible for XF1, but it looks as if it is a bit more barebones now (XF1 to XF2 is a large upgrade process for add-ons).

You install the addon, setup the sites you are planning (domainA and domainB), set up the node hierarchy (nodes can be used on both, or you can restrict them to specific domains), and then configure the remaining settings per site.

The users are shared between sites as it is on one installation, and you can restrict content as needed. Depending on what you specifically want to do there is more that can be done, and more will be possible if they plan to add back third party add-on support the way they did in XF1.
I dont understand.

You say I set up domainA domainB etc... But how do I put the same Xenforo installation in more then one domain?

I set up a domain, I set up a storage, a MySQL database and put Xenforo in with FTP and install it.

I do the same with the other domain or subdomain.

How do I do it else? Or solve multiple domains with the same installation?

I dont understand.

You say I set up domainA domainB etc... But how do I put the same Xenforo installation in more then one domain?

I set up a domain, I set up a storage, a MySQL database and put Xenforo in with FTP and install it.

I do the same with the other domain or subdomain.

How do I do it else? Or solve multiple domains with the same installation?

Here are guides on what you need to use for cPanel or Plesk; you would need similar functionality on other control panels, or know how to do the same thing with nginx or Apache manually.

You do not setup separate hosting for each sequential domain, you are just pointing the domain to the same installation directory as the first domain. You then add the site and configure it for each domain, and do the settings as you need to make it work for your situation.

Here are guides on what you need to use for cPanel or Plesk; you would need similar functionality on other control panels, or know how to do the same thing with nginx or Apache manually.

You do not setup separate hosting for each sequential domain, you are just pointing the domain to the same installation directory as the first domain. You then add the site and configure it for each domain, and do the settings as you need to make it work for your situation.
I see, so basically I will set up with this add-on that how much will the users see from the full content from each domains.

So now my site looks like this:

• Category A
  • Category B

but with this I can set up that A will appear on domain1 and B will be shown only on domain2 ?
Pretty clever... Though I might need to speak with my hosting provider because Im not an IT guy to do anything with Apache.

I see, so basically I will set up with this add-on that how much will the users see from the full content from each domains.

So now my site looks like this:

• Category A
  • Category B

but with this I can set up that A will appear on domain1 and B will be shown only on domain2 ?
Pretty clever... Though I might need to speak with my hosting provider because Im not an IT guy to do anything with Apache.
It's done with addon domains; you just need to configure the domain to the same directory as your primary domain.

If I add a domain aliase wouldnt it simply redirect everyone to the original domain form the main domain of XF that I set up?

I would like to ask a question regarding this add-on:

• Is it possible to set up registration in both domains?
  • Is it possible to set up registration via Connected accounts in both (multiple) domains?

I ask because I just finished up with connected accounts on my site and as far as I can tell I had to add a main domain in most of them like Yahoo, Reddit or Microsoft and I can add only one call back url... so if the domain is different it wont work no? But as far as I can tell this addon provides the usage of the same ACP, so you cant add more then one link in the Connected accounts settings, so you cant link a now domain to them.
So how does it work?

@XCentral - Is there a way to tell which domain the user originally registered on, such as adding them to a certain user group?

Also, could you please answer my question asking how activity summary emails are handled per site? Does it send them out per domain, or all domains included in one email?

Sub-directory structure is not supported in Multisite System. It generally works. but may have some misbehaviors, like the one you mentioned.
I'm also very interested in this. What are the limitations when using sub directories instead of (sub)domains?

It looks like the last update and response to this thread by the author was in mid-October of last year. Is this add-on still being maintained?

Top Bottom