XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
Is this responsive? i mean if a users has a 728x90 banner image placed on the site will this break the view on a phone or just shrink to fit phone screen size?

I have one question and a few future requests!

First: My server admin is asking about the Xencentral filecache. Since we installed it a few days ago, the file cache has doubled in size. He would like to know if this is normal, if there might be a bug with it clearing out properly, etc.

And now just some random suggestions I'd find super useful: (I dunno if anyone else has suggested these or not)

It would be very nice if we could set a default Banner Code per zone. I have different code for different zones, and that would make updating banners a lot easier.

We have usergroup permissions per zone, but it'd be useful to have permissions per banner.

Third, I have members requesting a "view all ad" link. They'll see an ad, accidentally refresh the page and then have to keep refreshing to find that ad banner again. Or they just get curious and want to see all current ads in the rotation.

Aaaaand last, when I have two zones showing up in the same hook location, I'd love to be able to set a percentage of how often a certain zone will display. Right now, if I have 10 banners in Zone 1 and then 1 banner in Zone 2, when the zones rotate back and forth, you'll see the banner in Zone 2 a lot more often than the banners in Zone 1. If there were an even number of banners in both zones it wouldn't matter, but right now the random display seems a little off balance.

Hello everyone,

Is there anything I might do to ad scripts to make them responsive? Add html to the ad tags?
Is this responsive? i mean if a users has a 728x90 banner image placed on the site will this break the view on a phone or just shrink to fit phone screen size?

Responsiveness entirely depends on banner code used, and all the product does is stretching big image to take maximum 100% of container, so if you use image upload+link mode the image will be responsive on mobile devices. We plan to implement additional feature to define completely separate ad HTML code for mobile browsers.

I have one question and a few future requests!

First: My server admin is asking about the Xencentral filecache. Since we installed it a few days ago, the file cache has doubled in size. He would like to know if this is normal, if there might be a bug with it clearing out properly, etc.

And now just some random suggestions I'd find super useful: (I dunno if anyone else has suggested these or not)

It would be very nice if we could set a default Banner Code per zone. I have different code for different zones, and that would make updating banners a lot easier.

We have usergroup permissions per zone, but it'd be useful to have permissions per banner.

Third, I have members requesting a "view all ad" link. They'll see an ad, accidentally refresh the page and then have to keep refreshing to find that ad banner again. Or they just get curious and want to see all current ads in the rotation.

Aaaaand last, when I have two zones showing up in the same hook location, I'd love to be able to set a percentage of how often a certain zone will display. Right now, if I have 10 banners in Zone 1 and then 1 banner in Zone 2, when the zones rotate back and forth, you'll see the banner in Zone 2 a lot more often than the banners in Zone 1. If there were an even number of banners in both zones it wouldn't matter, but right now the random display seems a little off balance.

Thank you for all suggestions. They all are quite important additions to our product so we will consider them all for sure. We are preparing the next major release of the product and most likely will include all features mentioned.

We will investigate the issue with cache. For now you can use Admin -> XenCentral -> Clean Cache link and see if it decreases the size of file cache.

Thank you!

We are preparing the next major release of the product

I got another suggestion, after looking in the demo.

Perhaps you can put an potion into the date options, so that i can make the same advertise every monday. every tuesday another one and so on.

Looking like this:
Monday - ad1
Tuesday - ad2
Wednesday - ad3
Thursday - ad4
Friday - ad1
Saturday - ad3
Sunday - ad2

and starting again with the Ad for monday.

Can this be possible ?

For activating zones based upon "page criteria" in the "page information" option, is there a way to select multiple navigation tabs- ex forums and members? I've tried separating the tab names by commas and semicolons but still can't get it to work with more than one navigation tab. Thanks!

Responsiveness entirely depends on banner code used, and all the product does is stretching big image to take maximum 100% of container, so if you use image upload+link mode the image will be responsive on mobile devices. We plan to implement additional feature to define completely separate ad HTML code for mobile browsers.

Any idea when this will happen? I'm very interested, but this is a must-have feature.

Great. I've found your add-ons are fairly expensive, but they're the best out there and well worth the price :)

We will investigate the issue with cache. For now you can use Admin -> XenCentral -> Clean Cache link and see if it decreases the size of file cache.
I am back! :D We still seem to have a problem with the cache. It just keeps growing and growing very quickly and never seems to flush itself out. When we use the Clean Cache button, the server times out because the size is too large. My server admin ends up having to flush it out manually.

He's asking if there is a way to temporarily disable the cache, or a quick fix until the problem is found?

I am back! :D We still seem to have a problem with the cache. It just keeps growing and growing very quickly and never seems to flush itself out. When we use the Clean Cache button, the server times out because the size is too large. My server admin ends up having to flush it out manually.

He's asking if there is a way to temporarily disable the cache, or a quick fix until the problem is found?

Can you please confirm if your server is setup to use APC or XCache, or it is using file cache? The issue described should be the case with file cache only, so we will check it now and make sure it cleans itself regularly. Also, please check and make sure it is the data in internal_data/xcfw_cache directory occupying disk space, and not some other directory (which could mean some other problem).

We will update you here once it is checked.

Thank you!

Can you please confirm if your server is setup to use APC or XCache, or it is using file cache? The issue described should be the case with file cache only, so we will check it now and make sure it cleans itself regularly. Also, please check and make sure it is the data in internal_data/xcfw_cache directory occupying disk space, and not some other directory (which could mean some other problem).

He is what he's said:

I have xcache enabled but for opcode caching only currently and it is inside of xcfw_cache

i'd like to place an ad inside/bottom of the first post of each new thread/discussion. is that possible? can you show me a layout of where the 70 ad locations are?

if i have a usergroup that is listed as the "no ads" group, can i set it so that usergroup doesn't see any ads, no matter what?

Hello, @drastic

i'd like to place an ad inside/bottom of the first post of each new thread/discussion. is that possible?

Yes, this is completely possible. The location for this is Xenforo ad below message or Message after content and you have option to enable them for first post only (also you have options to filter per node, per thread, thread starter etc.).

can you show me a layout of where the 70 ad locations are?

We have PMed you the access details for the demo board at http://demo.xencentral.com/ and you can see all ad zones at http://demo.xencentral.com/admin.php?xcas/zone/add "XenForo Hooks" tab.

if i have a usergroup that is listed as the "no ads" group, can i set it so that usergroup doesn't see any ads, no matter what?

Yes, product has option to define usergroups who are excluded from seeing ads at all.

Thank you!

Top Bottom