XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
Can you share what all the new features will be?

Large changes include click-based billing (time/impression based only for now), user-created zones, credit system (paying up-front and getting billed per-click or per impression), possibly statistics enhancement by integrating with Google Analytics API and more.

Thank you!

The line mentioned in the trace is where the table is being created, so this is quite a strange issue. Are you using the latest 1.3.0 package? If so, this has to be still somehow related to the server issue you had. Try to restart the server or at least MySQL service and see if it helps. Try running the query directly in PhpMyAdmin or other MySQL GUI and see if you still see the error:

Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xcas_impressions_temp` (
                `itemId`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
                `itemType`    varchar(255) NOT NULL,
                `dateline`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL
            ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Thank you!

I just hit this as well on a server that ran out of disk space due to a different developer's malformed plugin that suddenly created a ton of temp files. Cleared out the temp files, but kept hitting this 'xcas_impressions_temp' table doesn't exist. Restarted mysql, ran mysqlcheck, and weirdly the table was still listed by the database, it just couldn't be queried... finally just dropped the table and recreated (thanks for posting the table definition) and it's working fine now. Not XCAS fault at all, but a bit troubling that MySQL didn't realize it was in this weird corrupted state.

@XCentral @Claudio

The ad server is installed at www.giantscalenews.com and www.multirotorforums.com and it is crashed at both sites. The CTA Homepage add-on is also installed at both sites and I made changes to those settings which caused the ad server to crash.

The major problem right now seems to be that all of the banner images are corrupted and uploading new images isn't changing that. Any suggestions?

Feel free to contact us via Client's Area and we will review the issue. We will suggest how to proceed further based on what exactly causes the problem.

Thank you!

@XCentral

How do I rotate zones?

I have advertisers banners in the sidebar and they are all assigned their own zone because each advertiser has multiple banners in which it rotates... so 1 company will have 3 different banners but will display a different one on each page load... But I also want the banners to randomly appear up and down the sidebar so that the same advertiser is not always at the top of the sidebar...

ie sidebar zone 1 banners can display in sidebar zone 5 position... etc etc etc

@XCentral

How do I rotate zones?

I have advertisers banners in the sidebar and they are all assigned their own zone because each advertiser has multiple banners in which it rotates... so 1 company will have 3 different banners but will display a different one on each page load... But I also want the banners to randomly appear up and down the sidebar so that the same advertiser is not always at the top of the sidebar...

ie sidebar zone 1 banners can display in sidebar zone 5 position... etc etc etc

Unfortunately this is not possible for now. You can select "Rotate Zone" option for all zones, but rotation of zones is not just randomization of their order, but it means the same as for rotation of banners - one random zone (a banner from it) will be choosen to be shown on each page load, so if you enable it you will have one banner from one advertisers shown on each page load. For now you may implement some JS-based solution (it can get all zone elements inside particular container and change the order randomly), we will try to include this feature in coming release of Ad Server (expected within a week or so).

Thank you!

Unfortunately this is not possible for now. You can select "Rotate Zone" option for all zones, but rotation of zones is not just randomization of their order, but it means the same as for rotation of banners - one random zone (a banner from it) will be choosen to be shown on each page load, so if you enable it you will have one banner from one advertisers shown on each page load. For now you may implement some JS-based solution (it can get all zone elements inside particular container and change the order randomly), we will try to include this feature in coming release of Ad Server (expected within a week or so).

Thank you!

OK that would be awesome as I am getting wined at by advertisers that they are always at the bottom of the sidebar :-\

I was just looking through the zones and banners after upgrading to the latest version of Ad Server and see that there are now three file upload positions. Are these three banners per banner purchase? Can the number of banners available for purchase be set to a certain number or is it always three?
i set one banner account to have two files uploaded to it and they both displayed in one page load.
any explanation would be appreciated. also, in which update was this feature added?
thanks,
Bart

I was just looking through the zones and banners after upgrading to the latest version of Ad Server and see that there are now three file upload positions. Are these three banners per banner purchase? Can the number of banners available for purchase be set to a certain number or is it always three?
i set one banner account to have two files uploaded to it and they both displayed in one page load.
any explanation would be appreciated. also, in which update was this feature added?
thanks,
Bart

The feature was included in version 1.3.5 - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-ad-server.2427/update?update=13596 As it is described there, it allows one single banner to have 3 images, and every time one of images will be chosen randomly. The number of fields is fixed to 3. These are not banners basically, but just the images for the same banner. So purchasing a banner user gets the ability to set 3 random images to be used, but ad destination URL is only one.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

thanks for the quick reply, you're response rate is much better lately! :)

one problem i'm having is that when I try to enter a username for advertising alerts to be sent by, the field returns to zero (0) when i hit save. should the entry for that field be an email address or a valid username from the site? any help would be appreciated.

thanks for the quick reply, you're response rate is much better lately! :)

one problem i'm having is that when I try to enter a username for advertising alerts to be sent by, the field returns to zero (0) when i hit save. should the entry for that field be an email address or a valid username from the site? any help would be appreciated.

The field asks for User ID, not the name or email. Just check the user account in XenForo Admin Panel and you will see the ID of user in the URL, after the last dot (.)

Thank you!

When I manage a zone and go to Page Criteria(NOT) and add "thread_view" to the Content Template Is field it doesn't seem to do anything. This a bug or am I not doing it correctly?

Also, is there any guide anywhere on how to use View Class field?

When I manage a zone and go to Page Criteria(NOT) and add "thread_view" to the Content Template Is field it doesn't seem to do anything. This a bug or am I not doing it correctly?

Also, is there any guide anywhere on how to use View Class field?

Please confirm, that you are using the latest version of XenCentral Framework available in Downloads area. This was a bug in the package but it was fixed some times ago.

We are using XenForo Criteria system, so you may find some instructions on how to use View Class field here on XenForo.com. Feel free to ask what you need specifically and we will try to help as well.

Thank you!

@XCentral
Can you please take a look at the following error message and let me know if you have an idea what is causing and/or how to fix it?

ErrorException: Undefined index: bannerHtml - library/XenCentral/AdServer/ViewPublic/AbstractBanner.php:36

Is AdServer 1.4.3 compatible with xenForo 1.5.3?

Please confirm, that you are using the latest version of XenCentral Framework available in Downloads area.

And what Framework runs with your latest version 1.4.3 ? I couldn't find any documentation or a download on your website. It appears to not have update announcement since 2014?
It was really difficult finding my download for 1.4.3

Top Bottom