XenCake - a Celebration

xencake6-jpg.41249

It's genius.

"It's Over .. NEXT"
:ROFLMAO:R:ROFLMAO:O:ROFLMAO:F:ROFLMAO:L:ROFLMAO:!:ROFLMAO:!:ROFLMAO:!:ROFLMAO:

Kim, looks really good! :cool:

So what kind of cake is that inside?

(And I also have a red KA mixer; was a wedding present and is used for all my baking.)

That looks bloody epic.

I've got to bake a cake for my niece's birthday tomorrow. Could you get one over here in time?

It looks great. The colours and font are perfect.

Thanks :D the logo was probably the hardest part, cutting those letters out was not easy LOL, in a bakery they would have used an edible print out.

So when do we get to eat it?

Maybe at the mythical future conference (XenFrence XenCon ?) I will make cake for everyone :D

Kim, looks really good! :cool:

So what kind of cake is that inside?

The cake is 2 x 23cm (9inch) chocolate sponges in four layers, with a Kaluha syrup and the filling is Kaluha Chocolate Mousse, as per a suggestion by jadmperry(who gave us all wonderful legal insight during the whole ordeal!) The cake was covered in two layers of dark chocolate ganache, before I applied two layers of fondant. It weighed around 3kg (6.61 lb) not including the stars and figurine.

Kahlua-chocolate

Overall the Kaluha taste is pretty subtle, my son and I removed the fondant off the cake before eating a slice as we don't like it :p (which is fine to do Fred, no one likes fondant!) It has a very rich chocolate taste, is deliciously moist, soft and yummy. Rich though, you can't eat much! :D

(And I also have a red KA mixer; was a wedding present and is used for all my baking.)

Awesome aren't they :D And RED! Best colour! If I ever do get to the USA I will be buying a few attachments for it, they are horrendeously expensive here.

That looks bloody epic.

I've got to bake a cake for my niece's birthday tomorrow. Could you get one over here in time?

LOL Don't think so Doctor! Would help you out if I could though! :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad you are all enjoying the cake, wish you could all try a bit!

To celebrate THAT lawsuit finally being over... a bit of fun... :D

I know there should have been 3 figures, but I ran out of time and room on the cake! So I went with the driest one which wasn't really dry yet (the others were taking forever to dry!) lol bet you can't guess who it is meant to be :rolleyes:

So grab a beverage, and a slice of cake, and Here's Cheers! To the XF team! :D

View attachment 41249View attachment 41250View attachment 41251

Sorry about the shaky start to this video, I can't seem to edit MOV files from my spexy new Canon EOS 60D on my old Vista Lappy :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh, you don't have my mailing address. ;)

Thanks :D the logo was probably the hardest part, cutting those letters out was not easy LOL, in a bakery they would have used an edible print out.

Maybe at the mythical future conference (XenFrence XenCon ?) I will make cake for everyone :D

The cake is 2 x 23cm (9inch) chocolate sponges in four layers, with a Kaluha syrup and the filling is Kaluha Chocolate Mousse, as per a suggestion by jadmperry(who gave us all wonderful legal insight during the whole ordeal!) The cake was covered in two layers of dark chocolate ganache, before I applied two layers of fondant. It weighed around 3kg (6.61 lb) not including the stars and figurine.

Overall the Kaluha taste is pretty subtle, my son and I removed the fondant off the cake before eating a slice as we don't like it :p (which is fine to do Fred, no one likes fondant!) It has a very rich chocolate taste, is deliciously moist, soft and yummy. Rich though, you can't eat much! :D

Awesome aren't they :D And RED! Best colour! If I ever do get to the USA I will be buying a few attachments for it, they are horrendeously expensive here.

LOL Don't think so Doctor! Would help you out if I could though! :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad you are all enjoying the cake, wish you could all try a bit!

I don't know what a bunch of the words you are using mean. :ROFLMAO:

Like ganache, and fondant, sounds French to me. :)

Top Bottom