XenCake - a Celebration

TBH Chocolate cake is not my favourite thing, and I really don't care for the molten style of cake at all.

The only chocolate cake I like is a lighter style like the sponge that was the base of the xencake. Mud cake, fudge cake, heavy cakes of any kind I don't like.

My favourite cakes though are the lighter but deliciously complex multi element European style gateaux or torten. Or light lemon or citrus cakes... yum! Or really you can't beat a home made vanilla sponge with fresh strawberry or raspberry puree and real cream... yum!
@Kim

Should you ever have a site that allows people to order from you.... Let me know :)

I would expect this is something you would be limited in providing, in what type of foods you would ship? Since food goes off rather quickly. Let's say you went down this path @Kim which foods would you be able to provide since shipping would probably be more expensive than the actual item itself, you have a limited time for it to be shipped to the purchaser. Just more curious how this would work and tackle these obvious obstacles. :)

I would expect this is something you would be limited in providing, in what type of foods you would ship? Since food goes off rather quickly. Let's say you went down this path @Kim which foods would you be able to provide since shipping would probably be more expensive than the actual item itself, you have a limited time for it to be shipped to the purchaser. Just more curious how this would work and tackle these obvious obstacles. :)
Not to mention that it seems almost impossible to find a refrigerated shipping service in Australia as well :mad:.

If I ever do go down that path Shelley, I would probably be limited to shipping Cookies and some Chocolates, and I already know that fruit cake ships well within Australia (but not everyone likes Fruit cake! lol ) most of my cakes have dairy in them, which makes it require refrigeration only transport.

Forsaken wanted me to send some goods to someone on the other side of the country, it's possible, but it would be very expensive to do so via refrigerated service.

Shipping Internationally would have to be cookies only, as nothing else would survive, or be economical to do so.

If I ever do go down that path Shelley, I would probably be limited to shipping Cookies and some Chocolates, and I already know that fruit cake ships well within Australia (but not everyone likes Fruit cake! lol ) most of my cakes have dairy in them, which makes it require refrigeration only transport.

Forsaken wanted me to send some goods to someone on the other side of the country, it's possible, but it would be very expensive to do so via refrigerated service.

Shipping Internationally would have to be cookies only, as nothing else would survive, or be economical to do so.

Yeah I thought so. I was more curious than anything since it could cost a bucket load and as you say wouldn't be economical. That being said, cookies you say? we need to talk. :D

It is quite an interesting exercise looking at the logistics, but just not really viable to do unfortunately! :)

You'll all just have to move to Australia, near me :p

Or I'll have to move
shifty.gif

It is quite an interesting exercise looking at the logistics, but just not really viable to do unfortunately! :)

Or I'll have to move
shifty.gif

If we all moved to Australia @Kim you would never be away from the kitchen and working 24/7 :LOL:

If we all moved to Australia @Kim you would never be away from the kitchen and working 24/7 :LOL:

True!!! :D Right, nothing for it, I'll just have to move to some gorgeous fun location... Paris, Venice or maybe even NYC instead ... then you can come and visit eat cake and we can all go out when the cooking gets too much :p

Or I'll have to move
shifty.gif

Already here. What do you charge for a XenForo cake? Or would it be free for me since I live close? :p

Already here. What do you charge for a XenForo cake? Or would it be free for me since I live close? :p

LOL Probably more than you would want to pay :p Good cake ain't cheap and cheap cake ain't good ;)

When I get my bakery you can come and visit, I will give you a free cake.... cupcake that is :p hehe

True!!! :D Right, nothing for it, I'll just have to move to some gorgeous fun location... Paris, Venice or maybe even NYC instead ... then you can come and visit eat cake and we can all go out when the cooking gets too much :p
Move to CA, I'll be one of your top customers :p.

Top Bottom