1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Is there a rain effect or celebration effect for xenforo?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by borgqueenx, Jan 13, 2016.

1. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

Basicly i want to let it rain confetti, as a kind of party to celebrate something.

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

3. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

thanks alot. the first one is a single html file. how do i activate that?

4. Tracy Perry

Uhhh.. you click on download and then unarchive the contents in the zip file?

Screen-Shot-2016-01-13-at-7.25.37-AM.jpg
    But I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to have additional troubles.
    Odds are it's a JS file and you are going to have to include it in a template.

5. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

the download is html, since it says its JS on the site i tried renaming the downloaded html file to js and put a call to it in the logo_block template (wich is also working for my snow effect)
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/snow-effect-for-winter.8640/page-3

according to this link i can just call for the function like <xen:require js="http://cupcakethunder.eu/js/xenforo/confetti.js"/>
    But its not working. maybe needs additional parameters to be activated or something, but i dont know.

and that confetti.js thats uploaded to that location is a exact copy of the downloaded html file.

6. Tracy Perry

When I clicked on the area where the red box surrounds.. it prompted me to download a ZIP file called confetti.zip.
    If you are getting an HTML file, then you are doing something wrong.

7. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

extract that zip and you will find a single html file.

8. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

no instructions or something. just that html file :(

9. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

i have a confetti effect by a javascript on my website, but it refuses to go on the whole page.
    i have included it as a canvas effect in logo_block template with <canvas id='confetti' height='1', width='1'></canvas>
    and it makes it render between the navigation bar and where the logo ends.

i have a snow effect in this template file that renders on the whole site. but its not called by canvas.

The css options i have set are there:
    #confetti{
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: -5;}

i can change the position of the CSS but this results it in going down from the logo. not in the logo itself anymore.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you put it into PAGE_CONTAINER?

11. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

thanks that worked =)