Xen Photo Contest [Paid] [Deleted]

The most expensive copyright removal of the Resource Manager! $150!!! LOL
More expensive than a new XenForo licence. $140. Reasonable xdd.

One thing (copyright) I a can life with... :D ;) The add-on price is for me ok - but, I see this copyright removement price also critical.

Last edited:
One thing (copyright) I a can life with... :D ;) The add-on price is for me ok - but, I see this copyright removement price also critical.
I don't know what happen with me lately with my feelings toward copyrights.
The other day I was thinking ... if some day I buy a Ferrari, I have to remove all the marks and logos of the car :cautious:
:D

I also just stopped using it due to lack of development and support.
Thats stupid, sorry ;) - he gives support. Go in to the supportforum and wrote him an post or conversation. Sniper answer you.

For me its working on two domains since version 0.4.3 ? And I have never aborted a contest - the contest works for me like it should. Ok, I miss one or two settings. But maybe ... :)

Edit: Lindal was faster ... :D

Thats stupid, sorry ;) - he gives support. Go in to the supportforum and wrote him an post or conversation. Sniper answer you.

For me its working on two domains since version 0.4.3 ? And I have never aborted a contest - the contest works for me like it should. Ok, I miss one or two settings. But maybe ... :)

I'm so fast like a cat ;-)

Version 0.7.0 is out now ... Sniper has fixed a little bug. In only one day - so I can surrely say he supports that add-on. :D ;)

I actually did go back to his site but could not remember my user ID and password so I sent him a contact asking him to help me out but nothing

Did you not only need your Email to verify your account? Look:
upload_2015-5-5_8-19-56.webp

And without Email, Username, eg - what should Sniper do? ;)

If you have your old invoice from buying photo contest ... on this is your member name and Email so you can help yourself in 2 Minutes.

Hmm I *was* considering this and have read every single post, and reply and am unsure.
Looks good but it is steep, to be fair it's a lot for what it is..
Secondly, offsite support and development or not, there's little activity here from the author.
That does worry me a bit.
(Although his site IS very busy... to be fair. :) )

Last edited:
All point about support and functions are here for the last few days have been extensively discussed:
- yes Sniper gives support since he make this add-on
- no, not here at this time, but in a own support forum
- updates and fixes comes regulary and fast enough

Many other developers supports also her resources only on his own support sites.

So, who is now realy the problem with the add-on?

As I read, the only realy problem seems to be the price for any guys.

As I read, the only realy problem seems to be the price for any guys.

Price and convenience. Yes several other developers handle support via there site, but they still are active here and help at least help with minor issues still within the thread. I'm already signed up to too many sites, I rather have the convenience of just getting help in the thread rather then having to remember yet another website. This is one of the only developers I can think of off of the top of my head that forces you to use their site for any level of support.

Did you not only need your Email to verify your account? Look:
View attachment 105390

And without Email, Username, eg - what should Sniper do? ;)

If you have your old invoice from buying photo contest ... on this is your member name and Email so you can help yourself in 2 Minutes.

Well just replying to my contact us mail might be a good start :whistle:

Price and convenience. Yes several other developers handle support via there site, but they still are active here and help at least help with minor issues still within the thread. I'm already signed up to too many sites, I rather have the convenience of just getting help in the thread rather then having to remember yet another website. This is one of the only developers I can think of off of the top of my head that forces you to use their site for any level of support.

This ^^
I am registered to so many different sites as a result of add-ons from here, it's getting ridiculous.
@otto The problem is, you have bought it so you know the dev is busy there.
I myself, as a 'potential' buyer, have not.. and when I see lack of input form the dev on his own product page, it makes me stop and think before hitting the 'purchase' button.
I use this site every single day, many times throughout the day, and yes it is convenient to manage support on purchase threads on here. Although not necessary.
But when the dev himself isn't even posting updates on here, it makes me stop in my tracks I will be honest.

That said, it doesn't mean I am not open for buying it, but I do have concerns if the dev doesn't even support his own sales thread.
Do you know what I mean?

Good morning guys...

It makes no sense to discuss this with me over sites here - Iam only a customer of @Sniper s add-on since a long time. And its not my job. ;)

All I as customer can say:
- the add-on do exactly that what it should
- you can use it and your members will love it
- Sniper gives a good support (ok, not here but in his own support forum)
and as he says, he will give more support here, when version 1.0 comes out.

Now we can use Photo Contest 0.7.0 without problems with the newest xenforo 1.4.6 - its no buggy add-on.

When you would see a realy more problematic support, you can take a look at xfarcade now... :D ;)

If everone has a real support question - I will help here as good as I can or simply wrote Snipe a PN or better a post in the external support forum you see in description. Thanks. :)

Good morning guys...

It makes no sense to discuss this with me over sites here - Iam only a customer of @Sniper s add-on since a long time. And its not my job. ;)

All I as customer can say:
- the add-on do exactly that what it should
- you can use it and your members will love it
- Sniper gives a good support (ok, not here but in his own support forum)
and as he says, he will give more support here, when version 1.0 comes out.

Now we can use Photo Contest 0.7.0 without problems with the newest xenforo 1.4.6 - its no buggy add-on.

When you would see a realy more problematic support, you can take a look at xfarcade now... :D ;)

If everone has a real support question - I will help here as good as I can or simply wrote Snipe a PN or better a post in the external support forum you see in description. Thanks. :)

Thank you for that, it's reassuring to know. I will most likely buy this.
Thank you @otto ;) (y)

@Sniper - your addon looks very interesting. However, I have some questions.
  • I use XF1.3 - does your addon run with this version and version XF1.4+?
  • Can users only vote / like photos or can they also discuss items?
  • is there a live demo page available so that I can see the addon in action?

regards, rhodes

Top Bottom