Xen Photo Contest [Paid] [Deleted]

On their support forum, some of my questions are unanswered since July...
I guess this addon is not anymore developed and supported... :( :( :(

but... its no real photo contest. ;)

Yes - I see it also, Sniper was not logged in for a longer time but thats life. Developer come and developer gone. The latest version works vor me on latest xenforo, so its for me at this time no problem.

As I read - its no free coice for the time, one contest should run. eg from 5. may 2015 to 31. october 2015
Or?

For me, i use the contest to make at the end of the year a calendar for my members. For a monthly contest, my members have not the time, so I made for voting only one month after I close the new uploads.
I think this cant I do with the add-on you have promoted. :)

Is this add-on available somewhere? Since the developer has gone awol and it's no longer maintained, I cannot buy it. Anywhere else to get it?
Or what else are people using for photo contests on their forum?
I don't have XF's media gallery, so above MotM extension for is not an option.

@Sniper Why that? No Chance to move it to another coder? If that will be a option for you, I prefer to talk about with @au lait or a other developer, but please dont kill the photo contest add-on.

I have payed for 2 licences, that are realy bad news... :(

The user hasn't visited the site in nearly a year. There is a large clean up happening today to remove effectively dead commercial resources from the resource manager. These are not actions triggered by the developer themselves, but our criteria for removal.

If the author returns, they can have it restored or reassigned as they wish.

Ah, I see.
The way the message appears to be posted by @Sniper is misleading then.

There's not been much activity on the support forum for the add-on though and I suspect that it really is pretty much dead.
I've stopped using it but @otto looks like he still has it in active use.

Ok, thats also a semi-bad-news. ;) Thanks for clearing @Mike (y)

@lazy llama
I think we should try to contact @Sniper and ask him drirectly what he think about and if it es a way for him to let a other coder develop this addon for future. Damn... :(

And yes I have 2 licences runing on aktual XenForo 1.5.x installations without any problems.
If anybody has problems with this addon, I can try to help a litle bit.
My both run here:
- http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/fotowettbewerbe/
- http://www.hobby-gartenteich.de/xf/photo-contests/

The first one is the base for a yearly printed calendar for my members - so I dont can give it up. :D ;)

Top Bottom