Xen Photo Contest [Paid] [Deleted]

Just a question: Would it be possible to automatically reorder the pictures in each contest depending on the number of votes they received? The picture with most vost at the beginning?

Hi, it already does that but only after the contest has ended, which I think makes sense.
Okay Thanks. I wasn't aware of it, my first contest has not ended yet… :P

However, will it be possible for a next release to add a checkbox allowing the admin to choose which behavior will better fit his needs (for example reorder during or after the contest)?

Sure, that can be done easily, feel free to create a feature request on my support forum :) though I think it would be quite odd to show entries with the most votes first during voting, users probably would just vote for the most popular, I'll probably add a random option is well.

Great addon :)

Suggestions:
- <xen:explain>If left blank it won't be able to create threads</xen:explain> is not include in phrase system.
- open = {xen:phrase open}, this phrase no exist, i suggest to replace with lkpc_contests_open

I've been waiting for something like this as I run a monthly competition, so thanks for you taking the time to take this on! (y)

Features aren't quite there to move me away from my manual process yet, but I'll keep an eye open and see how it develops.

Personally I'd prefer it to use the poll functionality rather than likes. With my current system of using a poll, I can stop them changing their votes which I think is really important.

It also allows members to vote impartially, without having to disclose who they voted for. Sounds daft, but I get more votes on the competition threads when I hide who votes for what.

Also as it's completely based in a thread (apart from the images which are submitted through XenMediaGallery) it promotes interaction over the pictures. If people have to leave the thread to view & vote then they may not come back to comment.

As for several people winning, that's just Sod's law. I've had a couple of competitions with tied votes for first, and I just have to stick my hand in the pocket and pay for two prizes... :oops:

I just had a look at your forum voting. It's practically the same as mine. I'm gathering we share the same pain of having to cut and paste images and tag people e.g. http://www.pixelatedphotographer.com/forums/index.php?threads/voting-for-geometric-shapes.1391/

I think I'd need a system that allow the user to upload pics by a certain date and then allow the system to auto post it all in one go. otherwise if the users add in images one by one then it means that the voting is unfair.

We have a monthly photo competition and this is how it works, mostly a manual process.
  1. The theme of the month competition is chosen by the previous month winner.
  2. This get posted up at the start of the new month with the rules.
  3. Photos are emailed to us before the closing date. We don't want others seeing these until the vote otherwise it may give them ideas to outdo the ones already submitted.
  4. When we receive a photo from a member they get assesses to take a ticket in our yearly raffle that has a cool prize.
  5. On the closing day of entries all photos are uploaded to a thread with a poll to vote for the best two photos.
  6. The poll is hidden so as to keep the anticipation until it is closed.
  7. Once the poll closes and the winner is announced the winner then get to select the next month theme. The winner will also have the month winners ribbon for the duration of the next competition.
So it looks like this add on is a great idea but for the price it does not seem like it will work for us at all :(

Just wondering if this add-on is still being worked on? Looking forward to some needed key parts being added to it and then i would be getting it, hopefully its still in active dev :)

Ok - i have registered and make a account upgrade (purchase the contest addon)... i hope the addon is so good as it looks. :)

Im going to guess by version 0.4.1 you mean this add on?

Version here is 0.1.1 would be nice to see some update information we people can see that the addon is in active dev and whats being added and fixed.

The development has been stalled for a few months while the developer sorts out some real-life issues, but once those are sorted I would assume that he'll be back on here and update the resource info.

Yes, when you buy - you can download v 0.4.1 and a 0.5 beta is in progress. But the 0.4.1 works on my site without any errors. :)

And the autor gives support on here own support forum... ;) no problem.

Is there anywhere on the dev's site where i can view whats been added or fixed with the latest versions over whats been posted here? Personally it might be good if the dev posted a up date here, because to most this add-on looks dead and not supported, what puts people off wanting to buy it :)

Like my self i like to know, somethings in active dev and support before i buy something (been burnt to many times when some started gallery projects, and they never come to light, back before we had the two great gallery systems we got now days)

Well I see this add on has been changed since I last checked it out, so I think I will be purchasing at least one copy of it soon. It sure is looking great now well done.

Does this hide the image until voting starts?

Last edited:
Top Bottom