Xen Photo Contest [Paid] [Deleted]

Personally I'm keeping a eye on this add-on, its something that could be handy for my site, but it needs some of the features adding to it that others have already hit on, mainly the timeline.

My self i feel the cost is fair, you have to keep in mind the hours that would have gone into making the add-on, and why it might not fit in with your own costings, that does not make something over cost, just out your personal range. Myself i look at what value the add-on would bring to my site and what time it would save myself and my admin, that gives me a idea of if it would be value for money for myself.

Managed to finish of the timeline, max entries per user, max votes per user today. Letting contest authors moderate entries will require more work that I thought, since the built moderation system assumes only mods will have access the moderation. Its not much of an issue unless you want to let forum users to hold contests. Still need to package it up and test it on my site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 21.55.28.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 21.55.28.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 19.55.26.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 19.55.26.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 21.52.14.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 21.52.14.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 39
Managed to finish of the timeline, max entries per user, max votes per user today. Letting contest authors moderate entries will require more work that I thought, since the built moderation system assumes only mods will have access the moderation. Its not much of an issue unless you want to let forum users to hold contests. Still need to package it up and test it on my site.
Nice! Thanks :)

i have Xenforo resource manager(paid) + BRcredit premium(paid)+ BRCintegration(paid) + poll as pie chart (paid)
i can make user put their photo on Store as a resource and they use standart price resource for eg. 10 credits or free
just downloaders can use vote and i can manage who downloads,who votes...
i can getback credits via votes or photo owner can use this credits for himself..
when they put their photos on store it will create forum automatically about their photos
he can add poll for his photo on forum by himself (or i make moderated forum only i can add poll)
he will have discussion area on his photo's forum
people can see this photographer's all works on his resource
if photo owners want they can show small pic and can sell full image

i need more efficiant add on if i will buy photo contest add on.

( i told theese to make you aware of what we already can do with our add ons ,and you can work on this add on)

cheers...

@Janissary sorry no idea what you mean? are you looking to for something that lets you sell photos?

Did more work on it, have temp removed auto announce winners so multiple winners can be worked on. Have added the option to hide authors, and input how many contest winners there will be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 21.55.43.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 21.55.43.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 22
Hi Sniper,

Great to see you have done some updates. From my list can you confirm what has been done, as from that I know whether to purchase or not :)

• Vote using XF vote system, not likes
  • Approve entries (only mods will do this on my site)
  • Different categories within the competition. For example, I have a one competition with two categories.
  • Option to upload multiple pictures per entry (so pictures of multiple angles can be taken)
  • Anonymous option. So you can set the category to not display the entrants username (for impartial voting)
  • Prize allocation. Ideally integrate with some other addons on here like credits medals, so the winner(s) are automatically granted prizes when the competition ends.
  • Be able to set not just one winner, but second place, third place etc.
  • Auto notify winners
  • Set timeline. So you can set a time period in which members can upload, then a time period in which no further entries can take place but voting can, then a lock date.
Cheers

DoN

• XF doesn't have a vote system that I can reuse, only likes
  • Yep, users with permissions to edit/delete any entry can approve/un-approve entries (will add separate approve/un-approve permission setting)
  • Categories: no go
  • Multiple entries is work in progress
  • Anonymous option: done
  • Prize allocation: it will integrate with XF trophies, todo
  • Multiple winners is done
  • Notify winners; todo
  • Timeline: done
  • bd widget integration: done

That's really good.

Can I ask why categories is a no go, as technically it is a container for multiple competitions. So something like:

Competition Name (is container)
- painting category (is competition)
-conversion category (is competition)

So it's basically when viewing the competition area you see the competition name, which when selected shows you the categories.

This is quite key for me due to how my competitions work.

Finally as you can't use XF vote system, is the following possible with likes:

• See who has liked (to stop people voting for themselves)
  • Mod remove /edit likes
  • Hide number of likes until end of competition.
Cheers

DoN

hmm, im not quite sure what your asking about categories, are you looking to simply organise them in different categories? I'm trying to avoid any requests that to me, seem like custom work requests.

• people can't like their own entries, just like your can't like your own posts
  • Mod to remove likes is doable and can see it as being useful
  • I think that should be doable via template edits

I suppose what I am asking with the categories, is to be able to set up multiple competitions, but group them together? So I can call the group the XXXX Competition overall, and then set each category up as its own competition within that grouping.

I appreciate this might be custom, but I think that this is something many people would use, especially larger forums where bigger competitions are run.

If you can do this and the other things (which you answered) I would be more than happy to purchase this addon :)

kinda get what you mean, you'd then also need per category settings, winners, rules etc? I'd say in its current state it probably covers 99% of cases. It doesn't quite fit your particular use-case because of how the competitions are run, so to me it appears to a custom request, sorry.

No I still think we are misunderstanding each other.

Using your current build you set up a competition with the rules, winner etc - this is what I still want as well.

All I am asking, if that if I did the following:

Competition 1: Painting
Competition 2: Conversion
Competition 3: Open

I can group these three together effectively under the name XXXXXX Competition. When viewing the competition page on the forum you would therefore see initially the one competition (XXXXXX Competition), which when selected would then display the three competitions as shown above (which I would describe as categories)

Does that make sense?

Hi, sounds like you could probably do that with categories, where you can treat the category as the competition container.

Ok that sounds good - how do the categories work? I can see any settings in the screenshots or on your forum. I did sign up and everything else looks great by the way :)

Theres is no categories feature at the moment, it would be one of the last things I *might* do.

Top Bottom