Xen Notices [Deleted]

@Chris D,

If a notification contains, for example: Go get this deal now, it costs only $9.

For some reason it will appear as: Go get this deal now, it costs only .

So the $9 for some reason is removed from the output.

Why?

It works fine for me:

View attachment 86568

What version of Notifications? What's the exact text and title?
Title:
★ Hey {name} ★
Text:
Testing how this works... Only $9 for a limited time.

When I click Preview, the $9 shows correctly.

But on the main site, forum page, once saved and "live", the $9 is stripped away.

Why on earth might this be... the addon version is 1.7.6, so newest...

Firebug on the notification:

Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 17.48.53.webp

So the $9 doesn't even show up on the source code. But it does show up in the Admin CP when I open up the Notification from there.

Hey @Chris D I'm trying to get a notification to appear when a user visits the Donate section (/account/upgrades from XenForo). I tried with the selected navigation tab approach but that didn't work. I guess it is a combination of Controller and Action but I can't seem to figure it out.

Yeah, controller would be:

XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account

Action would be:

actionUpgrades or upgrades
(can't remember which).

Once again another superb add-on! :D

I'm using this a bit differently, instead of using text I'm using it to display a transparent PNG background (character with speech bubble image) for the notification bubbles. Works really well as the user and page criteria lets us display different images depending if they're a guest, logged in, etc.

Is there any way to change the placement? I'm wanting the notices dead center on the screen, not hidden away in a corner.

Also, would be neat to be able to set placement per-notification, individually not all.

I can't remember the exact circumstance as to how it became a global option to position it, rather than a per notification setting (wow... about 2 and a half years ago now!) but it is possible to do almost infinite customisation with a bit of CSS. Note that each notification has a unique ID based on the Notification ID as stored in the database.

Here's one example to get a big notification displaying dead center:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/notifications-paid.33906/page-69#post-750338

Any email you received about the order previously will download the latest version. Otherwise, let me know your email address and I will re-send.

Top Bottom