Xen Notices [Deleted]

Not really. Best you can do is create a notification that will show on every page (same criteria as Notices) and allow it to be dismissible. The wording would have to say "By dismissing this notice you agree blah...". Or you could change the Dismiss Notification phrase to some other appropriate text.

Ok thanks, we need something more explicit that we can record to the database though (Like a digital signature / time and date capture) :)

Nevermind, have it as a suggestion :D

To be fair, for you to get that, there's probably some other problem...

I changed my previous domain name so redid hosting and all that. This is a brand new forum install (about 15 minutes ago) with nothing changed and nothing added except your Add-on installer and this. Not sure what could have caused the problem.

Thanks though for the quick fix attempt. I'm still having issues though.
Server Error
Undefined variable: caches

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 292
  2. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testfiles/admin.php at line 13

I'll try without the Add-on Installer and let you know.

Post Script: Manual installation worked. This add-on works great. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Hi Chris, I apologize in advance if this is something I should have figured out on my own already (I confess to not looking into it very deeply!), but how do you link to a specific thread in a notice? Or can you? I'd like to be able to include maybe just the first paragraph of a longer post in a notice with a line after basically saying "For more info see here:" followed by a direct link to the thread. TIA

I don't use this add-on but can't you just manually enter the content in the HTML field?

When linking to a thread you can use this format
Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'threads/thread-title.id/'}">Thread Title</a>

I found some strange results with pasted URL's and anchor links....fixed by using the link (anchor) button on the notifications entry editing form....

Shall I tell people about a feature I have in mind or not, even though I have no idea when I'll develop it? Hmm... Sure.

Notifications 1.7 I plan to actually change the way that Notifications are created somewhat. To the point that, they will no longer accept raw HTML and instead be created using the default XenForo editor (so, either Redactor or TinyMCE depending on your version of XenForo).

Of course I haven't yet worked out whether that will ultimately be a problem - It will certainly mean a lot of people who already have used raw HTML may have to recreate their Notifications, but I hope that by using the default editor and parsing BB Code instead of HTML should be an improvement.

Or maybe it would be possible to allow both, using the editor and raw html? Anyway, sounds good to me! I'm afraid I've been spoiled by easy user interfaces over the last several years and tend to forget the little html I used to know. Apparently it's not like learning to ride a bike, you tend to forget these things if you haven't used them in a while. ;)

Hi Chris
Would be nice to have a choice for each notification to display it on right or left part of the page.
(may be can we achieve this in extra.css?)

Maybe one for the future.

It's quite a fundamental change and is currently quite limited (caused by the way the jQuery Gritter plugin was written by the original author).

All of the Notifications load in a wrapper which has a class applied that makes them all appear on whatever corner you specify in the options.

Would need some way of loading multiple wrappers for various display locations. It's possible, just a big change to the original code.

A suggestion not sure how you would get around this.

If you noticed on my latest notification release I force avatars to be 96px by 96px via css. The problem with this is the avatar becomes distorted since it's sizing it self up. I'm wondering if there is anything on your end that you could possibly do to prevent the distortion from happening.

I noticed this code in the template you used

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$notification.showimage} == 0">image: '<xen:if is="{$notification.showimage} == 'avatar'">{xen:jsescape {xen:helper avatar, $visitor, s}, single}<xen:else />{$notification.image}</xen:if>',</xen:if>

And by changing the following from {xen:helper avatar, $visitor, s} to {xen:helper avatar, $visitor, m} made it clearer without the distortion but this would pose problems for other notifications if I did it via templates just wondering if there is something you could do to detect avatars or stop them from being distorted.

Hopefully i explained that correctly and I think this could be a suggestion more than an issue but a little of both.

Might just have a sub-option for avatars to specify the avatar size per notification. Do you think that would work?

Might just have a sub-option for avatars to specify the avatar size per notification. Do you think that would work?

Yeah, I think that might work Chris. I would need to specifically whenever I force 96px avatars in notifications designs to remind people to select this option (whenever you have time to implement it) so yeah, I think this would be great chris and help retain visual quality. Thanks for entertaining the suggestion Chris much appreciated. :)

@Chris Deeming ,
I'm running BETA 3 on my apple site, and when I use 1.6.1 the notifications are working fine when I go to the Gallery (it is set to display on page xengallery). When I upgrade it to 1.6.2 they no longer display (with the same settings). The only thing I have done is redone the phrase to reflect "Wallpaper" instead of the default.
It previews from the ACP just fine, and if I remove the page setting it will not display no matter what settings I do. I can then recreate it and it will display again until I point it at the page xengallery.
I am also using the xenFoogle style for BETA 3.

EDIT:
Further testing shows that even with the page setting of xengallery removed it does not display in the Gallery at all - nor does the Guest notification I have set up.

Top Bottom