Xen Notices [Deleted]

You can do this already. Go to Create New notification >> User Criteria Set the setting in a same manner as the trophies and use an image background with no text, following Shelley's example or add an image using HTML and remove background using CSS.

You wouldn't have to cancel out the background just add a replacement link to the image in the css. But I was just going to say I'm sure what DD was saying can be done already it will just need some customization at the users end.

So many uses for this.
Chris ... I suggest you start making a list !

Totally agree which prompted my comment earlier in this thread.

Screw it, i'm purchasing it now. I can't resist. I know this may not go down well with others but I seriously think your under charging Yorick. But just so you know developers who constantly develop and improve their resources I always make further donations for their efforts.

anyway, yeah. got to log into paypal it was really the only reason i was holding off because of my laziness.

Chris, there one more issue, the "Dismiss Notification, considers that one has "Friendly URLs" enabled, which may not be true for all users.
Thank you. Great spot.

I have fixed this on my local machine and tested. Works great with friendly and non friendly.

I will have to do a release soon as this could be a big problem for some users.

Found it. Its only for Guests !?

If i chose another group it works.
The dismiss text should be hidden for guests and show for everyone else.

It's hidden for guests because there's no accurate way to track whether a guest has dismissed a notification or not.

I am already liking this one. There is one small thing though: The avatar should link to your profile. This is pretty consistent across XF, avatar always links to the holders profile.

I am going to play around with it a bit more, trophy images is definitely one I will be doing.

I think it would be cool if someone got a Trophy ... a Gritter alert showed an actual trophy ! (or an image that makes sense for your forum)
Or that very special messages with videos show up when you reached cool milestones like 1000 likes.
Just a thought.

So I guess the idea is a Gritter Notification for certain events (Trophy, your ban has ended, your ban started).
Maybe for a ban you get a trout slap image. :)
Yep, as yodawan says, you can already use Trophy as a criteria.

You can also use the user state. So if the user is banned you can display a specific notification.

This is proving to be a popular add-on :P

7 pages already! :o

Thanks for the support guys, and thanks for the ideas that keep coming through.

I am already liking this one. There is one small thing though: The avatar should link to your profile. This is pretty consistent across XF, avatar always links to the holders profile.

I am going to play around with it a bit more, trophy images is definitely one I will be doing.

I was thinking the same either avatar links to profile and/or activates the membercard popup. Eitherway, I'm not to fussed which way that one swings because different people will have their own preference in not wanting a link at all, link to membercard popup or profile.

edit: there's an idea optional selection either no link, link to membercard, or profile Chris?

It's currently admin only. Just like Notices is.
Can you add that up in next version pulleeezz..??? I was thinking of giving this feature to my moderators to set up new notices every single day or hours.. like highlighting the hot topics..

I can't manage them all... don't wanna add them up as admins as well

gritter.banned.webp

Can you pass variables along with the message ?
Like how long you will be banned for (depending what the admin set for the ban)?

Idea: The adminCP should have some "Default" notifications, say 10 ?
Find out what is popular and put the top 10 in there by default ? :)

I was thinking the same either avatar links to profile and/or activates the membercard popup. Eitherway, I'm not to fussed which way that one swings because different people will have their own preference in not wanting a link at all, link to membercard popup or profile.

edit: there's an idea optional selection either no link, link to membercard, or profile Chris?
Did you know that if you quote a ninja edit, it appears in the WYSIWYG? I didn't, I just noticed the edit above when quoting Shelley....

Anyway, back on topic, the membercard is probably the best bet, then an option to turn off linking. Not necessary to add more than what is needed. Also pretty sure it can be done with a simple template edit, though I haven't had the chance to take a look at the template yet...

Did you know that if you quote a ninja edit, it appears in the WYSIWYG? I didn't, I just noticed the edit above when quoting Shelley....

Anyway, back on topic, the membercard is probably the best bet, then an option to turn off linking. Not necessary to add more than what is needed. Also pretty sure it can be done with a simple template edit, though I haven't had the chance to take a look at the template yet...
The template is ugly. Most of the HTML is in the javascript file. Which makes customising it a nightmare...

(1) Chris ... focus your thoughts about making this good for advertising - targeted advertising.
(2) Suggestion: integration with the shops / carts that are around ?

A KILLER feature for this would be sounds with the Popup.

Can you popup a YouTube clip ?

The name is lame. Maybe version 2 could be called Ninja Notices, or Nimble Notices, or Nipple Notices ?

Make a "Notice framework" that other addons can tap into ? Make your notices the default Xenforo notices. Drop the price to $5, make it essential, then charge $15 for version 2 :)

Can you add that up in next version pulleeezz..??? I was thinking of giving this feature to my moderators to set up new notices every single day or hours.. like highlighting the hot topics..

I can't manage them all... don't wanna add them up as admins as well
Well it's a massive change as it involves making a front end copy to manage the notifications. Moderators don't have access to the Admin CP so a whole new interface needs to be written in the front end.

It's on the list.

Top Bottom