Xen Notices [Deleted]

Great stuff Chris, we have one request unless I'm completely missing this...

We'd like to set a notification like every day of the week,

IF MONDAY then this,
IF TUESDAY then this... ect...

It's for notifications for the admins only to keep on top of tasks. Just a thought heh.

Is there any way to use this as a kind of forum/user watching notification?

For example criteria that "UserXX has posted a new thread in ForumXx" or "A new thread has been posted in ForumXx".

We basically have a forum where news items are posted and I'd like it to notify users when a new thread is posted. We also have a user specifically for posting news items so generating a notification whenever that user posts would also work.

This isn't possible right now. The criteria is basically the same as Notices and Trophies.

It seems to me you would benefit from [bd]Forum Watch by xfrocks.

It requires opt in from your users but it works great and enables normal alerts or emails or both.

Cheers I thought that'd be the case, just trying to find an excuse to buy this ;-)

In general the notice criteria system seems really limited and could be expanded to do so much more. Are criteria possible to extend or would that really need a core change?

It definitely is expandable. I wrote a developer guide recently.

If you have any user, date or page criteria you would like me to consider adding, let me know.

Not everything is feasible without generating queries but we can assess that if you have any ideas.

is it possible for this gritter notification to complement with social connect?

like an option:
If user is linked/not linked with social connect--> display this message

How can I help, you haven't told me anything :p

If the new one is newly created then what criteria does it have?
If you create another one with absolutely no criteria, does it show up?
Are there any errors logged in your browser console (F12)?

How can I help, you haven't told me anything :p

If the new one is newly created then what criteria does it have?
If you create another one with absolutely no criteria, does it show up?
Are there any errors logged in your browser console (F12)?
Seems to have just taken a few minutes to work.

I installed the add-on yesterday and can't get it to work. Regardless of what I do, I see nothing as a guest! Even when I leave everything blank, I see nothing. The website is http://www.unusualplants.net/ I've tried different browsers as a guest.

1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

Question : does or can it replace the in-system notification (for ex when one reply to conversation or post?)

No, sorry :)
Chris, I have just purchased this mod and installed it however I can't seem to get the styling to work. Even the .gritter-orange example doesn't work. The code is in the GritterEXTRA.css file as you instructed. I have put "gritter-orange" in the "Advanced Custom Style" field.

I am not sure what else could go wrong?

I would need to see the code you've placed in the GritterEXTRA.css really.

Can you paste that here?

Is there anything special about the orange style you want that can't be achieved with using the easy colour picker?

I would need to see the code you've placed in the GritterEXTRA.css really.

Can you paste that here?

Is there anything special about the orange style you want that can't be achieved with using the easy colour picker?
The main thing is the opacity, I'd use the easy colour picker if that had an opacity setting.

Below is my code:

Code:
/*
// Customise this CSS to make more custom notification styles available.
// Copy and paste the below. Change the class names accordingly.
// Finally change the text color, link colour and notification background.
// When adding or editing a notification, choose custom and type the class name. e.g. gritter-red
*/

.gritter-red .gritter-item {
    color: #222;
    background:rgba(255,0,0,0.855);
}

.gritter-red .gritter-item a{
    color: black;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

/* Put your customisations below */

.gritter-hsr .gritter-item {
    color: #222;
    background:rgba(209,22,1,0.855);
}

.gritter-hsr .gritter-item a{
    color: black;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

I've added "gritter-hsr" to the custom code box. Not working :(

Are you checking it using the preview button or are you checking the actual displayed Notification?

LexKHLW.png

I think the preview button might be a little bit screwy.

Also... there's no particular reason you shouldn't use the colour picker for that particular style:

FFbwsA0.png

Top Bottom