Xen Notices [Deleted]

I absolutely agree that functionality would be awesome, but it would need to be based on something much more robust. The particular jQuery plugin (Gritter) used to power the notifications looks and acts great, but I can't begin imagine how horrible it would be turn into anything more.

It's something that would either need to be written from scratch or something third-party that already exists that could be integrated into XenForo.

Maybe it's something I could look at taking on at some point.

Hi Chris,

For our site at least, it'd not need to be big-scaled. But I absolutely see where you're coming from :)

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for buying the add-on, first of all. It's much appreciated.

I have just tested this, and it seems to be working fine:

Yep, for some strange reason it has now started working on mine also. It may have had to do with something I had in my EXTRA.css (I cleaned a bunch of stuff out). I know I kept trying numerous times because I have a "Do Not Flame" notice on some of the forums that typically get a little "heated", and just wanted to use it as a reminder. Thanks for the quick response.
Just for those wondering if this add-on is worth it, it is the BEST money that you will spend on an add-on (even tho' it ends up being a tad over $16 USD - it's worth more than that).

Yep, for some strange reason it has now started working on mine also. It may have had to do with something I had in my EXTRA.css (I cleaned a bunch of stuff out). I know I kept trying numerous times because I have a "Do Not Flame" notice on some of the forums that typically get a little "heated", and just wanted to use it as a reminder. Thanks for the quick response.
Just for those wondering if this add-on is worth it, it is the BEST money that you will spend on an add-on (even tho' it ends up being a tad over $16 USD - it's worth more than that).
To be fair my response should have been quicker ;)

Thank you for the kind words. Glad the problem is sorted.

Would be great if you could take the time to review the add-on here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/notifications-powered-by-gritter.870/rate :) Thank you again.

*** CALLING ALL NOTIFICATIONS CUSTOMERS ***

:D THANK YOU :D

Thank you all for rating Notifications, and thank you all for making Notifications the highest rated paid add-on at XenForo.com.

:love:

you put alot of time and effort into this add-on and I'll repeat again it's an excellent add-on built by a great guy who accommodated a huge amount of requests suggestions which I'm sure everyone is appreciative for. Xenforo is lucky to have you and it's customers. where's my two thumbs up smiley? bigthumbsup.gif

Chris any solutions for our problem that I reported? I want to use this sooo badly :D
Your problem isn't caused due to a bug with my add-on. Your problem is caused by an overzealous mod_security configuration. The solution to that problem is to reconfigure mod_security.

EDIT: That being said, I may be implementing something that might help, but there's still no guarantee.

Your problem isn't caused due to a bug with my add-on. Your problem is caused by an overzealous mod_security configuration. The solution to that problem is to reconfigure mod_security.

EDIT: That being said, I may be implementing something that might help, but there's still no guarantee.

I've turned on the default mod_security rules nothing custome & added myself. If there is a rule to turn off, that would work for me too. I'm not an expert, so I can't make any sense what is what :oops:

Well let's see what version 1.5 brings. I'm hoping it will bring a new way of handling cookies - i.e. using the built in XF cookie system. Hopefully that will solve the problem :)

Ok, one new feature :D
ryGQQ.png

This was born from a great suggestion by Walter.

In its current state, it displays the birthdays of the people you follow. I may include an option in the Admin CP > Options which instead shows all birthdays on the board.

The entire notification is customisable as any other Notification. You simply create a Notification. Choose its criteria as normal, colours, title, text, other options.

At the bottom of the text you simply add the variable {birthdays}

If there are any birthdays on that day, the text {birthdays} will be replaced with the string containing the names and ages (if year of birth is specified).

If there aren't any birthdays, the notification won't show.

Yorick updated Notifications - powered by Gritter with a new update entry:

New features! New fixes!

1.5 Fixes:
  • Resolves an issue whereby multiple Notifications can be closed when only wanting to close one.

1.5 New Features:

• New variables for use in Notifications:
    • {boardurl} now uses XenForo_Link to create an appropriate friendly/non-friendly URL
    • {forumid} is replaced with the forum ID of the current forum
    • {forumname} is replaced with the title of the current forum
    • {forumurl} is replaced with the URL of the current forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've turned on the default mod_security rules nothing custome & added myself. If there is a rule to turn off, that would work for me too. I'm not an expert, so I can't make any sense what is what :oops:
New version no longer relies on the jQuery cookie plugin. Should mean that you no longer have an issue. If you do... I'm sorry... you will need to get help with your mod_security config.

I am having issues installing this add-on. It appears to install successfully but the links to create and manage the notifications never appear in the ACP sidebar. Is it a conflict with one of my other add-ons? The options do show up under the ACP options, just no way to actually create and manage the notifications. I tried installing on a different install of XF and it worked fine.

Screenshot:
Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 10.36.04 AM.webp

I am having issues installing this add-on. It appears to install successfully but the links to create and manage the notifications never appear in the ACP sidebar. Is it a conflict with one of my other add-ons? The options do show up under the ACP options, just no way to actually create and manage the notifications. I tried installing on a different install of XF and it worked fine.

Screenshot:
View attachment 37497
Give yourself permissions under Administrators. That would be my only guess.
Stewart1champ is spot on. If you're not using a Super Administrator account you will need to give yourself the Manage Notifications admin permission.

Admin CP > Users > Administrators > Your name > Manage Notifications.

Stewart1champ is spot on. If you're not using a Super Administrator account you will need to give yourself the Manage Notifications admin permission.

Admin CP > Users > Administrators > Your name > Manage Notifications.

Thank You both! I checked permissions on the user group level but not there. Anyone know if it's possible to set two people as super admin?

Top Bottom