Xen Notices [Deleted]

I finally got around to test the addon. I've set the permissions, created a notification without usergroup specifiation, selected it to appear in all forums (selected the whole list) but the notice doesn't appear :S Tried debugging by shutting down addons one by one but couldn't get too far.

I'd need to know the exact criteria you've chosen.

Also, check F12 in your browser in case any errors are logged in the console

The first error in that error log is the problem. The javascript can't load... I've never seen 406 not Acceptable before...

It seems like you have some other javascript errors... It looks like you may have bigger problems than just my add-on... Is there any other functionality on your site that isn't working?

The first error in that error log is the problem. The javascript can't load... I've never seen 406 not Acceptable before...

It seems like you have some other javascript errors... It looks like you may have bigger problems than just my add-on... Is there any other functionality on your site that isn't working?

No actually, I recently installed the latest tinymce fix (TinyMCE Fix) from Cedric. Could this maybe the source?

Hmm, I just installed that on my dev board and it works fine.

It might be worth reverting the changes that add-on made just as a test. I'm sorry that's inconvenient but I've never seen any errors really with this add-on so I suspect some sort of conflict.

Hmm, I just installed that on my dev board and it works fine.

It might be worth reverting the changes that add-on made just as a test. I'm sorry that's inconvenient but I've never seen any errors really with this add-on so I suspect some sort of conflict.

Yeap, I did that too. Uploaded the default files and disabled the addon. I'm gonna unistall it and get back to you.

As I suspected you're still having jQuery errors. It is probably these errors that are causing issues with Notifications.

You need to disable ALL add ons and start working out what is causing these errors. You might even want to consider re uploading the js folder from the XenForo package.

As I suspected you're still having jQuery errors. It is probably these errors that are causing issues with Notifications.

You need to disable ALL add ons and start working out what is causing these errors. You might even want to consider re uploading the js folder from the XenForo package.

I have nearly deactivated every addon except the Posts Rating and the TMS addon and also re-uploaded xenforo's devault js folder. Still not showing um. Very strange indeed.

+ With all the addons uninstalled the error console looks like this:

caps2.webp
This is another one (with js folder being reuploaded and addons active)

caps.webp

The "status of 406 (Not Acceptable)" I am reading can be caused by mod_security.

Would be interesting to see if the problems are resolved if mod_security is disabled.

To give a little bit more detail, in case you need to discuss with your hosts/server person or for your own benefit...

The specific item that isn't loading is jquery.cookie.js.

This is a very small, simple jQuery plugin for setting cookies and reading cookies. This is used so when someone dismisses a notice, it is dismissed for X hours. I will be removing this dependency in the near future.

To give a little bit more detail, in case you need to discuss with your hosts/server person or for your own benefit...

The specific item that isn't loading is jquery.cookie.js.

This is a very small, simple jQuery plugin for setting cookies and reading cookies. This is used so when someone dismisses a notice, it is dismissed for X hours. I will be removing this dependency in the near future.

I have disabled mod_sec. The error disappeared but the notification still is not showing up.

caps-mod-security-disabled.webp

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;

Could be a pretty big problem.

You've previously been censoring your site URL. You haven't in this screenshot, but it enabled me to look at what code was causing that error.

That error is caused by this line of code in a template:

<script>$(".twitter-tweet").children("p").css("border-bottom", "3px double rgb(208, 208, 208)"), ;</script>

I'm pretty sure the erroneous character on that line is the comma I've highlighted in red.

Is this an add-on? A template edit?

Top Bottom