Xen Notices [Deleted]

You're extending your controller via xfcp but you're not using the right classname for the parent class;)
PHP:
public static function extendAccountController($class, array &$extend)
{
if ($class == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account')
{
$extend[] = 'GritterNotifications_ControllerPublic_Account';
}
}

PHP:
class GritterNotifications_ControllerPublic_Account extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account

should be
PHP:
class GritterNotifications_ControllerPublic_Account extends XFCP_GritterNotifications_ControllerPublic_Account

I have just tried to insert a youtube video in a notification. Looks cool :cool:.
However the notification containter cannot expand to full wide. Possible it can expand if content is wider?

I have just tried to insert a youtube video in a notification. Looks cool :cool:.
However the notification containter cannot expand to full wide. Possible it can expand if content is wider?

Can't you just define a width? And extend the width in the extra.css this is what I have done for the fixed image notifications I'm sure it can be applied to the container.

another suggestion:

IMO it's better to use
PHP:
if ($templateName == 'PAGE_CONTAINER' && $template instanceof XenForo_Template_Admin) {
instead of
PHP:
public static function templatePostRender($templateName, &$content, array &$containerData, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
{

if ($templateName == 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
{
// <body data-controller=" only appears in the admin version of PAGE_CONTAINER.
// Without the following check, editing a notification that contains {name} causes
// a replacement. This ensures this replacement only happens outside of the Admin CP.
if (!preg_match('/<body data-controller="/', $content))
{
because:

• performance => you don't need to run preg_match with the whole output code (because all admin templates will be an instance of XenForo_Template_Admin it's fine to check only for this)
  • you can't be sure, that the search string ( <body data-controller= ) is available.
what if a "ugly addon":Dis searching for <body and replacing it with <body class="foo" ?
Then your search string won't be found;)

EDIT: lol, i've miread the code, i thought it's FOR THE ACP area
change admin with template and then it should work but i think already you know what i mean^^

If you configure the width of your YouTube video in the embed settings appropriately, you can actually get away with the default notification width:

YouTubeNotification.webp

Here's the YouTube settings - so aim for a width of about 275px:

YouTubeWidth.webp

another suggestion:
EDIT: lol, i've miread the code, i thought it's FOR THE ACP area
sorry

It's ok, I got what you were saying.

I've gone with:

PHP:
public static function templatePostRender($templateName, &$content, array &$containerData, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
{

if ($templateName == 'PAGE_CONTAINER' && $template instanceof XenForo_Template_Public)

I worry about the quality of the rest of my code now :(

If you configure the width of your YouTube video in the embed settings appropriately, you can actually get away with the default notification width:

Cool, thanks. Notifications can be used to a lot of different things. Advertising, tips & tricks, have you seen... pop ups, videos, sponsor blocks etc.

Purchased, Installed, +1 (actually +1000)...Here is what is would ideally have/want/need....notifications based on visiting certain pages (actually, what I really want is if someone visits my profile, then they get a notification).

Is this possible, if so, how do I do it?!?!?!?

Purchased, Installed, +1 (actually +1000)...Here is what is would ideally have/want/need....notifications based on visiting certain pages (actually, what I really want is if someone visits my profile, then they get a notification).

Is this possible, if so, how do I do it?!?!?!?
This - I'm sorry to say - isn't possible.

The criteria capabilities are the same as Notices, and this isn't one of the possible ways to target a Notice so by proxy you also can't with Notifications.

You can target the XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member :: Member action, but this will show the notification on every member profile, not specific ones.

Yorick updated Notifications - powered by Gritter with a new update entry:

Bugs squashed, new colour picker (default XenForo), audible notifications and Admin CP preview

1.3 Fixes:
  • Temporary dismissal now only functions if the close button is pressed.
  • Fixed clash with other add-ons (specifically Conversation Essentials and User Essentials by Syndol)

1.3 New Features:

Video demonstration of new features:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • Updated the admin colour picker to use the default XenForo picker.
  • Colour picker now lets you configure transparency on a per notification basis....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom