Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what he means to ask is if there's functionality for the media gallery to automatically add pictures uploaded to posts in threads and add a duplicate of them to a general media category. This is due to users embedding images in posts, but then removing the links later.

@Chris D , is it possible to do or maybe there is already some addon.. to dublicate/copy pictures that is uploaded using "upload a file" button to your addon (f.e. in main board picture-category)?
Cause i got problems with users that delete pictures after they uploaded them in posts using this button...
Sorry for my english :)
Thanks (and thanks @robinhood ).

A similar feature has been suggested in the past so that will be considered in the future.

Xen Product Manager is now installed at http://xenmediagallery.com and all existing licenses have been imported across from the old system.

This now means you are able to manage your own licenses, purchase additional licenses and renew existing licenses.

This is also a good time to mention a change which slightly affects the price of Xen Media Gallery. Since its release in April 2013, Xen Media Gallery has been sold branding free and for existing customers that does not change.

upload_2014-8-26_19-11-52.webp

When you navigate to Your Licenses and look at your licenses, anyone who purchased Xen Media Gallery before today (Tuesday 26th August) will notice you are entitled to "Branding Free".

For any new licenses purchased, to receive the same branding free version you will need to add the "Branding Free" extra to your cart alongside the product and pay an additional £20 GBP; otherwise a small copyright message will be displayed in the footer:

upload_2014-8-26_19-12-7.webp

The cost of the branding free version is still reasonably priced when compared to other gallery solutions.

To remove the branding, please follow the instructions on your license page.

Embedding of youtube videos works pretty well with the gallery.

However, today one of my users asked me if and how she can upload videos to my xen media gallery directly from her iphone/ipad without using youtube. Good question, of course.

But I'm no video expert and I really don't know the answer. Is it possible and if so how?

I would just like to apologise to the relatively small number of customers who may have received a barrage of emails today notifying them that their licenses were due to expire.

There was a bug in the RC 3 build of the as yet unreleased Xen Product Manager which meant that the flag which would have prevented repeated emails was not being set.

The bug has now been resolved. If you did receive an email or emails today; the next time you get an email will be when the license has actually expired.

Sorry again!

I'm having a problem with album upload permissions. I've created a number of albums under an admin account and set the "Add media to album" field to "Members Only" at the time of creation. When members (or even admins, for that matter) attempt to upload media, these albums are not available in the list. Registered members (and Admins) all have "Add Media:", "Upload image to album:", "Upload video to album:" and "Embed video in album:" permissions set to "Yes"... The albums just don't show up for adding new media.

Make sure all users have the ability to bypass the moderation queue otherwise media will practically disappear into nowhere.

Thanks, Chris.

Next question... What template or css file should I edit to change this text to white (or change the pulldown gradient):

xengall.jpg

That's from the main "Add Media" page. The text is barely visible on some monitors.

Hey :)

Is there a quick n dirty way to remove the title "New Media" and its line from the new media block?

nm.webp

Easiest way is to remove it from the template. The template is: xengallery_media_block

Remove:
Code:
<h3><a href="{xen:link xengallery}" class="blockTitle">{$blockPhrase}</a></h3>

Hi Chris, what's your plan with the popular request for video upload ?
Is that coming in the foreseeable future or is it still unclear?

The border is added by the standard XenForo class, sectonMain, but it has some other useful bits, such as padding and margins, so probably the easiest way is to add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.xmgCarouselContainer.sectionMain
{
    border: none;
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom