Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking it had something to do with FF. I tried in Chrome, the images uploaded.

No delete, just upped 6 images. Errors popped up, then the 2nd image appeared, the first said uploading at 100% and stopped with no image. His "save", got that error.

Screenshot_1.webp
That was the screen, you can see the first one missing, but second shown.

Also, using the "Random Media" block at the bottom.. On refresh at times, the full set does not appear (Had at 10, then switched to 5, now back to 10). Happens in both Chrome and FF.

AwaNwSC.webp OBKHOpw.webp

the first said uploading at 100% and stopped with no image
That's likely the problem.

Sounds like the image hadn't fully uploaded or had some other failure during upload.

The code I have added for 2.1.6 will catch that and ignore it.

Also, using the "Random Media" block at the bottom.. On refresh at times, the full set does not appear (Had at 10, then switched to 5, now back to 10). Happens in both Chrome and FF.

View attachment 83058 View attachment 83059
Until you have a considerable number of images, I would recommend it being "Recent Media" rather than "Random".

Selecting media at random can be a challenge when it comes to performance. The temptation is to use MySQL's rand function but that really doesn't scale well. So I've implemented a pseudo-random selection which has excellent performance but it doesn't work great when there's only a small number of images to select from. Ultimately I need to make improvements here, but the issue crops up a lot less when there is more media to select from.

Until you have a considerable number of images, I would recommend it being "Recent Media" rather than "Random".

Selecting media at random can be a challenge when it comes to performance. The temptation is to use MySQL's rand function but that really doesn't scale well. So I've implemented a pseudo-random selection which has excellent performance but it doesn't work great when there's only a small number of images to select from. Ultimately I need to make improvements here, but the issue crops up a lot less when there is more media to select from.

No problem. Only have about ~20 images (maybe that)... I'll just continually add. No worries. Appreciate the explanation.

Not at all, completely different.

You had server/service issues.

Sheldon's issue is a technical issue with the code that only affects galleries that have a relatively small amount of media.

Any chance on getting this to support swf files? I want to create an swf gallery type thing that only admins can upload stuff to.

I would like to use a widget to show the newest media entries on top of some forums. However, when I try to add a new widget I cannot see any media gallery renderer. Any ideas?

My users are allowed to post youtube videos within regular forums. It would be great if these forum videos could also appear within one of the gallery categories autmatically. Is this possible?

I've not followed this for a while but once we move to 1.4 we might finally get around to installing it so I thought I should check on the status. Is anyone using this to run any sort of photo competitions? I don't think (last time I checked) there was anything specific built in but wondered if anyone had come up with a solution or if it was in the roadmap.

Chris D updated Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and improvements

Xen Media Gallery 2.1.6 is now available and contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
  • Fixed inconsistency in styling between album thumbs and media thumbs overlay.
  • The media block is now suppressed if browsing with Internet Explorer 8.
  • Fixed issue with some view permissions in the media index.
  • Fixed issue when switching from shared album permission to private.
  • Resolved issue with searching for tags from the tag cloud search box.
  • Implemented some improvements...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom