Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to buy this mod soon but need some clarification, as the demo site does not have any forum posts.

You see the top photo bar in the pic below - when you click on one of the pics within this bar, and like the XenPorta photo bar does, does it take you directly to the post or thread where that picture was posted or does it take you to the relevant part of the media gallery where that pic may reside?

bar.webp

And, can this mod's top photo bar work above or below the XenPorta top bar?

Last edited:
The demo site has plenty of forum posts but you need to create an account to purchase / ask questions.

The media block contains media from the gallery, so clicking an image in the media block takes you to its location in the gallery.

It is possible to change the block location.

Reactions: rdn
It's a simple fix if you can't wait.

Search all files in the XenGallery directory for:

PHP:
$entry->setTitle

You should find a single line of code that begins with the above in four different files.

Change that line of code to:

PHP:
$entry->setTitle($media['media_title'] ? $media['media_title'] : $media['media_title'] . ' ');

XF 1.3.3 + XMG 2.1.2 = no rich text editor?

If I disable XMG, the rich text editor loads fine. Using the default XF style. I'm getting no errors. Here's a screen:

Screenshot at Jun 17 19-25-40.webp

I can confirm there is a bug here.

Have you disabled the GALLERY BB Code? Does the RTE work properly if you enable it?

I can confirm there is a bug here.

Have you disabled the GALLERY BB Code? Does the RTE work properly if you enable it?

Interesting... After upgrading to XF 1.3.3 the GALLERY BB Code was not listed under "custom BB codes" in the admincp. I uninstalled/reinstalled XMG and now the GALLERY BB Code is listed, and the RTE works again :cool:

I always had it enabled, but just for testing if I disable the GALLERY BB code, the RTE still loads and works fine.

That is interesting...

I was able to disable the GALLERY BB code on my board and that killed the RTE.

Thanks for letting me know. I will do some more testing.

That is interesting...

I was able to disable the GALLERY BB code on my board and that killed the RTE.

Thanks for letting me know. I will do some more testing.

Ok. Other info: on this board I upgraded from XF 1.2 and an older version of XMG (pre 1.2) not sure exactly what was installed.

I hopefully will be making the plunge to Xen Media Gallery sometime next week.. Ive read all the information.. But id be interested in hearing from others who converted from XenGallery to Xen Media Gallery and their experiences.. I do like My current solution but i don't like that it doesn't look like much like xenforo and has a completely different look with odd icons etc.. That and i just cant get certain aspects of it to work properly.. Im wondering if anyone who has made the switch could tell me if they are happy or regret it?

I hopefully will be making the plunge to Xen Media Gallery sometime next week.. Ive read all the information.. But id be interested in hearing from others who converted from XenGallery to Xen Media Gallery and their experiences.. I do like My current solution but i don't like that it doesn't look like much like xenforo and has a completely different look with odd icons etc.. That and i just cant get certain aspects of it to work properly.. Im wondering if anyone who has made the switch could tell me if they are happy or regret it?
I own both licenses but currently utilize the Xen Media Gallery on my site. I would have probably originally bought Xen Media Gallery from the get go but at that time Xen Media Gallery did not have an importer for VBulletin 3.8, which is where I had converted over from, hence why I went with Xengallery who at the time offered the VB 3.8 importer. With out too many details to mention, I would still choose Xen Media Gallery if I had to choose now after owning both. With that being said, they are both well supported - quality add ons and you will need to play around with each one to find what you and your members are really looking for in a gallery add on.

Hi @Chris D ,

Got this error recently:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 2 passed to XenGallery_Model_AlbumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMediaInsert() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/DataWriter/Media.php on line 518 and defined - library/XenGallery/Model/AlbumWatch.php:191
Generated By: TheInfernalFangirl, Wednesday at 11:13 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/Model/AlbumWatch.php(191): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 2 pass...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 191, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/DataWriter/Media.php(518): XenGallery_Model_AlbumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnMediaInsert(Array, false)
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): XenGallery_DataWriter_Media->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/ModerationQueueHandler/Media.php(51): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php(198): XenGallery_ModerationQueueHandler_Media->approveModerationQueueEntry(254, 'Thor's Cave, Ma...', '')
#5 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/UserEss/Model/ModerationQueue.php(56): XenForo_Model_ModerationQueue->saveModerationQueueChanges(Array, NULL)
#6 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/ModerationQueue.php(74): UserEss_Model_ModerationQueue->saveModerationQueueChanges(Array)
#7 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_ModerationQueue->actionSave()
#8 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "http://precursorgames.com/forums/index.php?moderation-queue/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["moderation-queue/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["queue"] => array(1) {
      ["xengallery_media"] => array(2) {
        [254] => array(2) {
          ["message"] => string(91) "Thor's Cave, Manifold Valley, Peak district,England I visited this place when I was a child"
          ["action"] => string(7) "approve"
        }
        [255] => array(2) {
          ["message"] => string(52) "Thor's Cave, Manifold Valley, Peak district, England"
          ["action"] => string(7) "approve"
        }
      }
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

This is already fixed in 2.1.3. I can't find the error report for it, but I can see I fixed it :D

That'll be released later today.

I`ve a lot of nested categories and it`s annoying to change the display order / structure. There is a wonderful add-on from @Lior. : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/drag-drop-nodes-in-the-acp.75065/ that makes nodes drag- and drop-able. The HTML-Code for the nodes-list looks exactly like the one for the media categories that`s why I wonder if you two great developers couldn`t stick your heads together and make your add-ons work together.
I have logged the suggestion here for future consideration:

http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/drag-and-drop-category-order.1528/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom