Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your latest... and XF 1.3.2

Also getting:

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'user.xengallery_album_count' in 'order clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: tired of the fight, Today at 11:18 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT use...')
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT use...')
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT use...')
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT use...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(327): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?????SELECT use...', 'user_id')
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Member.php(34): XenForo_Model_User->getUsers(Array, Array)
#6 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php(59): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Member->_getNotableMembers('xengallery_albu...', '50')
#7 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/EWRutiles/Staff/ControllerPublic/Member.php(27): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#8 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): EWRutiles_Staff_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#9 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/members/?type=xengallery_album"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["type"] => string(16) "xengallery_album"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Could you reinstall the latest please?

Those columns are supposed to be created during upgrade.

Please download the files again just the be doubly sure you use the correct ones (this was a bug reported and fixed in the latest).

Trying that now... as this Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xengallery_album_count' in 'field list' has also stopped my registration working.

Hi we are moving from VB and Photopost to xF and have around 12000 photos with 000's of comments. Is there a photopost >XMG importer out there? Thanks

Yes there is an importer built in for PhotoPost Pro with vBulletin integration and PhotoPost vBGallery.

12,000 is a lot of pics! But should be no problem. I recently helped do an import to XMG containing 400,000 images :)

Hey this might be an unconventional question, but for those of us that don't have TB's of diskspace would it be possible to import images from a site like imgur or whatnot instead of uploading them directly on the forums?

In other words what i'm asking is if it's possible to disable uploading and enable hotlinking instead.

I have a rather unusual situation. At the moment in one of my forums I have a combination of xengallery + photopost pro (which is a leftover from the vb days). In my photopost pro installation, there are only categories, no personal albums.

I am thinking installing XenMediaGallery and import both of the existing galleries into it. The way I think this will work is photopost categories + photos will import as they are, meaning in XenMediaGallery categories and photos, right? And xengallery's albums/photos would import also as they are, meaning in XenMediaGallery albums/photos.

My questions are mostly related to disk space, does XenMediaGallery use the original uploaded photos from xengallery to do the import? (the reason I ask is because there is now an option to delete/turn off keeping the original photos in xengallery, that will save me space, but if XenMediaGallery uses those original photos to convert, then I won't do that yet).

And the other question is related to how XMG stores the photos, does it store the original photo and makes other copies, or shows smaller sizes dynamically, or what?

Last question: if i import xengallery to XMG, is there any way to redirect the old photo url's, as my members have been using them a lot in their posts?

I'm trying to fight two problems: a huge constant increase of my gallery's server space and the two different galleries I have now. I feel XMG can solve both of these but I need some guidance. :)

Anything to worry about? Was logged twice late last night. I gave this member access to the personal albums earlier in the evening, and he had uploaded about 60 pictures an hour or so before the error was logged.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: share_users - library/XenGallery/NewsFeedHandler/Comment.php:81
Generated By: Mint, Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenGallery/NewsFeedHandler/Comment.php(81): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/zroadstr/...', 81, Array)
#1 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php(370): XenGallery_NewsFeedHandler_Comment->canViewNewsFeedItem(Array, Array, Array)
#2 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php(131): XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->_getViewableNewsFeedItems(Array, Array)
#3 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php(106): XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->fillOutNewsFeedItems(Array, Array)
#4 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/RecentActivity.php(20): XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->getNewsFeed(Array, 0)
#5 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_RecentActivity->actionIndex()
#6 /home/zroadstr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/zroadstr/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "http://zroadster.org/recent-activity/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I am thinking installing XenMediaGallery and import both of the existing galleries into it. The way I think this will work is photopost categories + photos will import as they are, meaning in XenMediaGallery categories and photos, right? And xengallery's albums/photos would import also as they are, meaning in XenMediaGallery albums/photos.
That's 100% right.

My questions are mostly related to disk space, does XenMediaGallery use the original uploaded photos from xengallery to do the import? (the reason I ask is because there is now an option to delete/turn off keeping the original photos in xengallery, that will save me space, but if XenMediaGallery uses those original photos to convert, then I won't do that yet).
Also 100% correct. The importer from XG, though it may change in future, specifically looks for the original photo.

And the other question is related to how XMG stores the photos, does it store the original photo and makes other copies, or shows smaller sizes dynamically, or what?
This may need optimising in the future. If watermarking is used, then up to two versions of the original are kept. The real original, and then the watermarked version. This is so that if you ever want to rotate or do some other changes to a photo, the changes are made to the version that isn't watermarked (imagine rotating a photo 4 times, you would have a watermark in every corner). In addition to the one or two original copies, a thumbnail is kept.

Last question: if i import xengallery to XMG, is there any way to redirect the old photo url's, as my members have been using them a lot in their posts?
Redirect scripts for PhotoPost are in development. There is nothing in terms of XG redirects, yet. Though it may not be necessary. If you do the XG import first and retain IDs, and change the Xen Media Gallery route then the URL structure will be near identical. Failing that, very simple post content replacements should solve the issue. If they use the XG BB Code at the moment in posts, we'll need to do something similar there too.

I'm trying to fight two problems: a huge constant increase of my gallery's server space and the two different galleries I have now. I feel XMG can solve both of these but I need some guidance. :)
Not sure it'll necessarily solve the disk space issue. But it is true that pictures added to the gallery in future could be bound by various restrictions such as the max file size, and max dimensions where images are automatically resized upon upload.

Hope that helps!

That's 100% right.

This may need optimising in the future. If watermarking is used, then up to two versions of the original are kept. The real original, and then the watermarked version. This is so that if you ever want to rotate or do some other changes to a photo, the changes are made to the version that isn't watermarked (imagine rotating a photo 4 times, you would have a watermark in every corner). In addition to the one or two original copies, a thumbnail is kept.

Redirect scripts for PhotoPost are in development. There is nothing in terms of XG redirects, yet. Though it may not be necessary. If you do the XG import first and retain IDs, and change the Xen Media Gallery route then the URL structure will be near identical. Failing that, very simple post content replacements should solve the issue. If they use the XG BB Code at the moment in posts, we'll need to do something similar there too.

Not sure it'll necessarily solve the disk space issue. But it is true that pictures added to the gallery in future could be bound by various restrictions such as the max file size, and max dimensions where images are automatically resized upon upload.

Hope that helps!

THank you very much Chris for the responses, I appreciate it. I won't be using watermarks so one copy of the original is good.

In terms of the redirects that could end up being tricky, as the members use the direct image url from xg, so unless XenMediaGallery points to the exact same filename (and we do some replacement magic), I will lose the images from the posts. If it keeps the filenames, then I guess that should be relatively easy. For photopost it will be wise then for me to wait for the redirect scripts ;)

In any case, I'll give it a shot and we'll see what happens!!

Thanks again!

If you give some examples of the direct URLs XG uses, I will let you know if it's possible. Unfortunately that's the problem with direct image URLs. XMG doesn't really have them (excluding thumbnails) so if you post a link it should always be relatively trivial to repost that anywhere and maintain permissions, and in future redirect those if necessary.

If you post some examples of your PhotoPost links that need redirecting too, it will remind me to look at those again. I have done PhotoPost vBGallery redirects, so it's not much more work to do PhotoPost Pro redirects. I just need to know the URLs.

If any of the direct image links are a problem, I can probably still help. There's a few good ideas on how to deal with those internal links.

Hey this might be an unconventional question, but for those of us that don't have TB's of diskspace would it be possible to import images from a site like imgur or whatnot instead of uploading them directly on the forums?

In other words what i'm asking is if it's possible to disable uploading and enable hotlinking instead.
Sorry I missed this question.

No, that isn't possible.

Videos are embed only. But images can only be uploaded. Almost none of my customers have TBs of disk space either :)

As a vague, unscientific example based on a few customers who have large galleries, one million uploaded images would be around 70GB. There's also the option of off-loading the storage to some cheap storage service like Amazon S3 using the [bd] Attachment Store add-on as a lot of work has been put in to ensure those two add-ons are compatible.

Sure, here's a few examples of photopost code inside the forums:

This one is using the thumb in the post:

Code:
[URL='http://www.travelstories.gr/photo/showphoto.php?photo=234'][IMG]http://www.travelstories.gr/photo/data/6/thumbs/placa_cataluna2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This one actually has a medium size of the photo in the post:

Code:
[URL='http://www.travelstories.gr/photo/showphoto.php?photo=32710&title=ce-9a-ce-af-ce-b5-ce-b2-ce-bf&cat=2059'][IMG]http://www.travelstories.gr/photo/data/2059/medium/DSC04575.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Here are examples from xengallery photos in posts:

xengallery bbcode:

Code:
[URL=http://www.travelstories.gr/community/gallery/photos/15353/][IMG]http://www.travelstories.gr/community/data/photos/l/16/16134-1403863294-43627bb9d29dd43f3603e83ee890a63e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

and direct img urls :

Code:
[IMG]http://www.travelstories.gr/community/data/photos/l/16/16226-1404052563-861beb63123c74bd8313e2c175e35e72.jpg[/IMG]

Hi,

when i import albums from vB3.8 it does not finish the work.
After the process i got only 42 of 180 pictures and a lot of users are missing. May someone can help me with that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom