Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like i got this figured out. Importing media as we speak :)

I did have to run a manual truncate on the cat's table to delete the ID1 for the default category. perhaps i missed a step that said not to do that.

easy fix in case someone else hits that dupe ID problem.
Thank you!

What does happen when an user account is deleted? Is it possible to delete the media contents as well (automatically)?

Are there any problems when running a https site with external content?

Last edited:
It works the same as any XF content. The content stays when a user is deleted.

It's relatively simple to delete all of a user's content though. You can use inline moderation to select all media and albums and delete them before deleting the user.

The gallery works fine over https too.

Chris D updated Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) with a new update entry:

Small fixes and optimisations

Xen Media Gallery 2.1.2 is available for purchase/download from the Xen Media Gallery site.

Here are the changes:
  • Fixed an important privacy bug related to the display of media in search results and news feed.
  • Prevented a case where more than one alert could be sent if someone comments on your media (e.g. if someone comments on your media that you are watching you now only get one alert)
  • Various small CSS and HTML fixes
  • Fixed a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it accurate to say importing from VB4 requires using the XenForo web importer to migrate everything else?

I'm seeing the reference that says it requires an import log. I'm using the Big Board Importer utility to migrate ~3m posts so I can't use the XF web importer, which would take my board down for a long time.

...annnd it works without a hitch. Thanks for the new version - I was worried that it wouldn't be released before our XF go-live and I was going to have to go live without the VB user albums.

Not currently.

However.

If you retain IDs, which should also retain all of the xf_attachment IDs, you could then install a fresh copy of Xen Media Gallery and copy over the xengallery_ database tables. It should work fine as long as all the other IDs were retained too, e.g. user IDs etc.

Error Info
PHP:
Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: parameter must be a non-empty string - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:364
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:59 PM
Stack Trace
PHP:
#0 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Album/View.php(30): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->setTitle('')
#1 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenGallery_ViewPublic_Album_View->renderRss()
#2 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenGallery_View...', 'Rss', Array, 'xengallery_albu...')
#3 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenGallery_View...', Array, 'xengallery_albu...', NULL)
#4 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#5 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(80) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/media/albums/natural-scenery.5/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/media/albums/natural-scenery_5/index_rss"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

When there is a bug or suggestion it's much better it's done at my site so it doesn't get lost or forgotten. I like seeing the discussion count of the Bug Reports forum at 0 so I can't ignore that :)

No worries though if you forget as I'll just cross post it if necessary as I have just done.

Error Info
PHP:
Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: parameter must be a non-empty string - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:364
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:59 PM
Stack Trace
PHP:
#0 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenGallery/ViewPublic/Album/View.php(30): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->setTitle('')
#1 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenGallery_ViewPublic_Album_View->renderRss()
#2 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenGallery_View...', 'Rss', Array, 'xengallery_albu...')
#3 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenGallery_View...', Array, 'xengallery_albu...', NULL)
#4 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#5 /usr/share/nginx/sociallyuncensored.eu/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(80) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/media/albums/natural-scenery.5/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/media/albums/natural-scenery_5/index_rss"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This is fixed in XMG 2.1.3.

Hi,

thanks for this addon - its just fine. :)

Any chance to import pictures from categories and/or user albums from the "phpBB Gallery" Addon ? A import for the old user albums where fine...

And a second question: your addon is namend "media gallery" - is there a way to upload pdf's, so users can download and view them in the adobe reader local?

Hi otto,

Thanks.

Both of these things have been suggested in the past. This is the PHP BB importer suggestion. It's preferable for people to "like" the first post of the thread to show their support for it. It's likely that all importers will be done in due course, but I will have to prioritise them.
http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/from-phpbb-2-x-3-x-importer.962/

Document viewer / management has been suggested in the past also. But that's also quite low down on the priority list first. I really want to get the Gallery/Media side of things working as best as possible before adding new content types.

At the moment, something like the XenForo Resource Manager would work quite nicely for documents and other downloads.

At the moment, something like the XenForo Resource Manager would work quite nicely for documents and other downloads.

Yes - but every extra addon make adminsitration not better and costs are the second point. ;)

Your gallery can upload pdfs - that is ok. But it has a problem with the thumbnail preview. At this point, a default thumbnail for pdf files eg will be a nice solution or a option to upload a thumbnail for uploaded pdf files.

A in browser view is not a must have, its ok when users can download them...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom