Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why you feel like this? Not having a go, just curious as I myself would prefer attachments to go straight into an album.
I know one reason I wouldn't.... I have some users that upload as an attachment some "really stupid" smilies... and I wouldn't want them in a media gallery. "Maybe" ones individual albums are enabled, but still probably not.

Chris, this may be a problem on my end, but when I try to embed media the site just keeps the busy tab in the right corner of the browser. I can go into the forum and use the same link and successfully embed media into a post. Any suggestions on what to look at/for? I have assigned myself (in all user groups that I am a member of) full permissions for the add-on.
It's been showing as a busy icon for the last 10 minutes and still not embedded. I can upload an image just fine. I had the BBCode Media Sites pack installed (disabled it and tried it) and also the BBCode editors (uninstalled them and no change).

This problem was caused by http://xenforo.com/community/threads/goodfornothing-title-manipulator.33924/, which when I disabled resulted in the media uploads working fine.

I know one reason I wouldn't.... I have some users that upload as an attachment some "really stupid" smilies... and I wouldn't want them in a media gallery. "Maybe" ones individual albums are enabled, but still probably not.

"off topic" images in my gallery (VB3) are moved to a members gallery.

Automatically? No thanks if not - I can see that being a moderator nightmare. o_O

Same thing as threads, you need to (I assume) move them manually. The amount of uploads you will get will be a lot less than the amount of new posts/threads.

The feature that allows you to display any video with a BB code may make this a killer app.

What about BB code that lets you embed amazon or ebay links? With affiliate links you can make a HIGHLY profitable page that displays products that are targeted for your niche...

Any BB Code media site can be displayed.

They can be selected in the ACP.

Whether the format is suitable or not is another matter.

Chris,
How would I upload a podcast??? Looking at purchasing this addon but I need a way to upload podcasts. Is this possible????

If you can create a Media BB Code site for it then it could potentially be possible.

I managed to embed SoundCloud with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom