Resource icon

WYSIWYG Page Editor 0.9.2

No permission to download

Cory Booth

Cory Booth submitted a new resource:

WYSIWYG Page Editor (version 0.9.1) - WYSIWYG Page Editor for non-admin users and without entering AdminCP

Quality plugin by xfrocks... A page node editor using standard Xenforo WYSIWYG editor. Supports uploads and editing of "basic" bbcode type pages. Editing permission is controlled by usergroups.

Does not support pages with PHP Callbacks nor pages that use non-bbcode HTML like iframe or javascript.

Read more about this resource...

Ugh, I just wrote a big page out of messy HTML too :(

Thanks for the add-on!

Edit: Well, it's kind of pointless, to a point. Pages do not support BBCode!

I thought the whole point was that this addon lets the admin edit a Page with WYSWYG bbcode? like a forum post?

Me too, but when you save the page the BBCODE isn't parsed in the browser. I googled and xenforo staff said that bbcode in pages isn't even supported. The bbcode is only seen while in the editor :(

Me too, but when you save the page the BBCODE isn't parsed in the browser. I googled and xenforo staff said that bbcode in pages isn't even supported. The bbcode is only seen while in the editor :(
Page doesn't support BbCode, that's correct. However, this editor doesn't save BbCode, it saves the HTML output (after doing a BbCode parse in the server, on page save).

Here I am in Edit Page mode:
View attachment 34277

After clicking save and back at the page in the browser:
View attachment 34278

It's a great plugin if you don't want any bbcode formatting, but stick with HTML in the AdminCP for anything decent looking.
This happens because of a bug in the rendering. Basically, XenForo CSS overrides <ul> and <ol> list among other things, new version has been sent to Cory Booth to release which will make the HTML display correctly. This is just a display bug, not a functional/design problem (if you inspect the HTML, it should be correct).

I dont think so.

I installed it and tried to use bbcode [float_right]IMG[/float_right] and nothing happened :(

Thanks for the reply.
The bbcode im using ive added using this xenforo mod - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-bb-code-manager.173/

Would I be right in thinking that unless the bbcode is a default xenforo one, any bbcodes added using the above mod wont work?
By design, any bbcode should work. If you are having problem with a specific bbcode, please start a conversation with me with your site info. I will have to come by and take a look. Sorry for the problem.

By design, any bbcode should work. If you are having problem with a specific bbcode, please start a conversation with me with your site info. I will have to come by and take a look. Sorry for the problem.

Thats ok really appreciate the help! Im off to work shortly, but will drop you an email tomorrow with some details.

Just sent you a PM :)

One more question! If I have a html page set up and someone edits the page from the front end messing up the html - How would I go about getting the HTML to work again? Is it a case of copying the HTML, deleting the page and re-adding the code to a new page with the same URL?

Right, looks like ive found the reason my my custom bbcodes wasnt working and why I was having issues with bullet points.

When you create a page, you put all the html within

<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
<div>

When you edit the page via the front end, it removes the above code, causing problems with the bbcode.

Right, looks like ive found the reason my my custom bbcodes wasnt working and why I was having issues with bullet points.

When you create a page, you put all the html within

<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
<div>

When you edit the page via the front end, it removes the above code, causing problems with the bbcode.

The following fix doesn't support custom bbcodes.

I managed to find a fix around for this, there was a bit more problems solving it than i thought but if you want all the default Xenforo bbcodes to work with this plugin you will need to install the Template Modification System (TMS) plugin.

Then create a new template modification using the "pagenode_container" template and follow these steps:

Search:
PHP:
<div id="pageNodeContent" class="sectionMain">

Replace:
PHP:
<div id="pageNodeContent" class="sectionMain">
<div class="messageText baseHtml">

What this does, it just adds the normal page classes in to every page. I decided to only use the "messageText" and "baseHtml".

After this save the template modification.

Now i noticed after applying these changes when using the option "List Sibling Nodes" on your page it lists the sibling navigation with a number next to them just how a bbcode list would do, this problem was because of the baseHtml class.

But i found a way to fix this problem.

Create a new template modification using the same "pagenode_container" template and apply these changes:

Search:
PHP:
                            <li class="{xen:if '{$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}', 'currentNode', 'siblingNode'}">
                                <a href="{xen:link {$node.routePrefix}, $node}" class="{xen:if '{$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}', 'selected'}">
                                    <span class="_depth1 depthPad">{$node.title}</span>
                                </a>
                                <xen:if is="{$listChildNodes} && {$childNodes} && {$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}">
                                    <ol class="childNodes">
                                    <xen:foreach loop="$childNodes" value="$childNode">
                                        <li class="childNode"><a href="{xen:link {$childNode.routePrefix}, $childNode}">
                                            <span class="_depth2 depthPad">{$childNode.title}</span>
                                        </a></li>

Replace:
PHP:
                            <li id="listFix" class="{xen:if '{$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}', 'currentNode', 'siblingNode'}">
                                <a href="{xen:link {$node.routePrefix}, $node}" class="{xen:if '{$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}', 'selected'}">
                                    <span class="_depth1 depthPad">{$node.title}</span>
                                </a>
                                <xen:if is="{$listChildNodes} && {$childNodes} && {$node.node_id} == {$page.node_id}">
                                    <ol class="childNodes">
                                    <xen:foreach loop="$childNodes" value="$childNode">
                                        <li class="childNode"><a href="{xen:link {$childNode.routePrefix}, $childNode}">
                                            <span class="_depth2 depthPad">{$childNode.title}</span>
                                        </a></li>

This template modification just adds a id called "listFix" to the li tag used in the sibling navigation.
Because of this change i can edit the list-style and hide the listed numbers in front of the sibling navigation, this is the only way of doing it without affecting the list bbcodes on the page.

To hide the list from the sibling navigation you need to open up EXTRA.css and in there add this line of css.

PHP:
#listFix {
list-style: none outside none !important;
}

Now your pages should support all the default Xenforo bbcodes. This fix doesn't support custom bbcodes.

Thanks Edward, will have a look into that. A shame the developer hasn't got back in touch yet.

At the moment im editig pages front end, then having to go back into the ACP to add <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml"> <div> to the page.

Top Bottom