Design issue Writing before registering / Akismet

mjda

Affected version
Yesterday a user wrote a post before registering. That post was flagged, and sent to moderation, as an Akismet match for pre-registration content.

I approved the post and it immediately showed back up in the moderation queue, as an Akismet match, for post content.

Maybe the spam checks should be bypassed if the post was already manually approved as pre-registration content?

Agreed that this sounds reasonable, but as it stands, this isn't really something we can change. There isn't a decent way for us to pass the fact that the content was manually reviewed into the code that handles the action (creating a thread, replying, etc) so that we bypass the spam check in that specific case.

I approved the post and it immediately showed back up in the moderation queue, as an Akismet match, for post content.
just wondering after you approved it, you said it went into moderation again, so were you finally able to approve it?
- If so, What did you have to do to get it approved. ?

thanks

Agreed that this sounds reasonable, but as it stands, this isn't really something we can change. There isn't a decent way for us to pass the fact that the content was manually reviewed into the code that handles the action (creating a thread, replying, etc) so that we bypass the spam check in that specific case.
Thanks for looking. It's just a minor annoyance, but I suspect that this isn't something that will happen all that often.

just wondering after you approved it, you said it went into moderation again, so were you finally able to approve it?
- If so, What did you have to do to get it approved. ?

thanks
Yes, after it's approved the 2nd time the post will show up normally.

Top Bottom