1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work on Go Daddy Servers?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by RichardGaspa, Nov 27, 2014.

1. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

Hello, I have been looking at a number of message board software programs in the past week? Does your software work well on GO-DADDY servers? I have been with Go Daddy for years and have not had a problem with them yet and like the customer service. I would like to stay with them if I can.

Do you have your own cloud service that can be purchased if I wanted to leave Go-Daddy? If so how much?

The $140 is yearly I presume?

Are the plugins one time pricing or yearly renewal also?

2. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Hi There

I have a site running through GoDaddy with no problems at all, admittedly it's not a big one so I can't say for sure how they are with bigger sites.

As far as I'm aware they don't.

No, $140 is the purchase price and includes a years support/upgrades. After the year is up it costs $40/year for support and updates. You are still able to use XF if you elect not to pay the renewal. You are able to purchase the yearly renewal at a later date at the same $40 and the support etc starts from the date you purchased it.

The official XenForo addons are a single price then yearly renewal as per the forum software itself, again this renewal is optional and can be taken at a later date. Other addons are as per the individual author's requirements.

3. .Rolex

.Rolex New Member

xenforo will work on godaddy servers, if you'd like to check if their hosting meet the requirements please use the tool below

https://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

the paid plugins require yearly renewal I believe but at a low price

4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

XenForo works on Godaddy, but certainly wouldn't recommend them as a host.

MattW likes this.