• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Wordpress Dynamic Theme - WPXenCSS

Don't stress mate all good.. Really appreciate your work tho :) This is my first XF based project so trying to get it right the first time around.. was looking in all the wrong places for the.

I also made a lot of CSS edits via EXTRA.CSS.. i see you have added a lot of fixed to the STYLE.CSS file.. As i know a lot of others also made edits in their EXTRA.CSS file to fix some formatting / image caption issues.. they may need to re-edit their custom css or else some sections may appear out of whack.

Cheers again

Are you using XFRocks' widgets found in his WordPress 3 Bridge? If so, I found there are extra DIVs placed in the "Recent Threads" widget which causes the branding to move to the bottom. If you go to line 211 of the "function_widgets.php" file and remove the following line:

Code:
<?php echo $after_widget; ?>

it corrected the problem. (or at least in my case it did) The problem was in the widget and not the WP Skin.

--Ed

Hey again Ed,

I removed the line above as you mentioned and still have issues when adding further widgets, anyone go more info on this matter ?

Thanks

So your branding looks fine without any widgets on the page? Have you tried to identify which widget is at fault? I found the issue by adding one widget at a time and refreshing the home page until I determined which widget was causing the problems. Then I read through the HTML and found the extra closing DIVs in the rendered page, which was forcing the navigation to show up at the bottom. After that it was a matter of going through the widget code and figuring out what needed to be corrected.

You must be using additional widgets that I am not using since my page looks good now. (I'm only using the Recent Posts, [XenForo] Users & [XenForo] Recent Threads widgets)

Good luck!

--Ed

So your branding looks fine without any widgets on the page? Have you tried to identify which widget is at fault? I found the issue by adding one widget at a time and refreshing the home page until I determined which widget was causing the problems. Then I read through the HTML and found the extra closing DIVs in the rendered page, which was forcing the navigation to show up at the bottom. After that it was a matter of going through the widget code and figuring out what needed to be corrected.

You must be using additional widgets that I am not using since my page looks good now. (I'm only using the Recent Posts, [XenForo] Users & [XenForo] Recent Threads widgets)

Good luck!

--Ed
Hey Ed, where was the extra div that was forcing stuff to the bottom with the recent threads block?

Slightly modified version of this coming in just a bit that fixes the copyright and puts some more translation options in. I hope to have all of those done today or tomorrow.

Good luck!

--Ed

Thanks for your help, will start digging through my widgets now :( I am using the following widgets: WP Tag Cloud, WP Blogroll, a custom div to provide a two-column placement that is housing 2x 120x600px banners. It is a WPXenCSS widget causing it as im not using any recent topics / thread widgets as of yet.. I do want to soon tho.

Cheers again, if i find the issue i will post a fix for this.

Thanks for your help, will start digging through my widgets now :( I am using the following widgets: WP Tag Cloud, WP Blogroll, a custom div to provide a two-column placement that is housing 2x 120x600px banners. It is a WPXenCSS widget causing it as im not using any recent topics / thread widgets as of yet.. I do want to soon tho.

Cheers again, if i find the issue i will post a fix for this.
Do you have this up live somewhere or only in testing? I could help look through it ;) I'm pretty good at finding stuff in Wordpress.

Nice, how did you get a 3 column layout?

Just using my own divs within a WP text/html widget.. having some issues tho soon as i add any other widgets to the sidebar the header drops to the bottom of the page..

here is my current code for the 2 column section:

- DIV's
Code:
<div id="wp-Siderbar"><div class="wp-Siderbar-left">***LEFT SIDEBAR CONTENT***<div class="wp-Sidebar-right">***RIGHT SIDEBAR CONTENT***
</div></div></div>

NOTE** i have to leave the last div out for it do display correctly (this is what lead me to believe there was a extra closing div laying around in the style / bridge coding somewhere.. i removed it and still can not close the div's correctly)

- CSS
Code:
#wp-Sidebar {
    width: 250px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    -moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #000000;
}

.wp-Sidebar-left {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 2px;
    position: relative;
}

.wp-Sidebar-right {
    float: right;
    padding-left: 2px;
    position: relative;
}

Add the css to your EXTRA.CSS file for your XF style.. and add the div coding above to a WP TEXT / HTML widget.. hope that helps.

Darren

Because if that's the case try adding this right after the closing div of wp-Sidebar-left

Code:
<br clear=all />

The problem might be caused by that float that's in there.

Because if that's the case try adding this right after the closing div of wp-Sidebar-left

Code:
<br clear=all />

The problem might be caused by that float that's in there.

Thanks but still no luck.. i don't think it is my custom column causing the issue.. ive removed my custom widget now and added a XF Recent threads widget.. as you can see it's not displaying in a sidebar container / styling.

Cheers again

Ive worked out the widget issue :)

When not adding a title to the custom widget / TXT / HTML ("Arbitrary text or HTML") widget the problem occurs.. once i added a title to the widget all other widgets displayed correctly... so now we know the issue is there any way to resolve the problem ?

Cheers again for everyone's help on this matter.

Darren

Ive worked out the widget issue :)

When not adding a title to the custom widget / TXT / HTML ("Arbitrary text or HTML") widget the problem occurs.. once i added a title to the widget all other widgets displayed correctly... so now we know the issue is there any way to resolve the problem ?

Cheers again for everyone's help on this matter.

Darren
That should help me find it :D let me take a look at the code and figure out what I can do.

I have wordpress installed at my root and my forum installed at /forum and those are my settings and look what happens to wordpress ;(...Can any one help?

broken.webpsettings.webp

Just tried it out, noting that it adds the flexile dark credit even when not using flexile dark. Hell, i don't even have flexile dark installed.

Otherwise seems cool.

Edit: One other thing I noticed. When using child styles, WP takes the parent style, not the child style, resulting in some differences.

Top Bottom