Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

well, i am mostly a user of open source solutions so it is not very normal to me. :) though i did buy the blog component of vB (and repented that decision). i also bought the cms edition of vB4 (and yeah repented that decision too!).

anyways, it should not be a major concern for me as i have realized that cms and blogs and photo galleries are not really relevant to my forum.

I somehow think they will keep that type of model, ie. the old VB / IPB model, as it works well and previous discussions have concluded a majority like that type pricing structure. There would be no reason for the renewal to change unless you specifically had those products under your license. Quite honestly I would expect each product to simply come with its own upgrade fee, as one would normally buy x product, then y later, z another month, etc. If each product is sold independently allowing for the most flexibility, then I would imagine each product will come with its own price and upgrade uniquely. People seem to like that type of payment flexibility the best.

there we have it. i guess it's understandable. the good thing is that feel comfortable with the kind of connectivity we have with the developers here compared to at vB... unless of course, XF would grow big enough in the future and we might not get to interact directly with the developers themselves!

Having shelled $195 for product i did not ever use, i see no problem in shelling out only $100 for a product, i already love! Good Job! ;)
+1!
Isn't that normal?
Seem like it to me. They're not a charity, but a business. They have grocery bills and rent too! ;)

IMO they should even keep things separate and sell those apart.
+1... No sense trying to sell people stuff they don't want or need. I'm fine with CMS and blog functions to be an add-on at a modest additional cost.

I should have listened to you. But how would I if I haven't seen those posts? :p
My 36,666th post on vBcom was quite clear, as well as the 1,500 posts since. My twitter and blog, and facebook page have been quite clear as well : Seeing how the path and company decisions are going with internetbrands and how customers are constantly getting the short stick; I am not upgrading my 3.x to 4.x, nor bothering to look around for other options. My investing in licenses for the future was my mistake, but helped me build a great network. 3.8 works, and works great for a while. But once something else comes around the corner that upgrades my site to a modern solution, I will consider it. Now that's xenforo. I have been saying quite a few times in public and private: Don't waste your money on version 4, wait until there's something else on the market. I've also expressed myself about converting to say phpBB or IPB.

Sorry that people have missed those posts. I can only do what I can do. :) I guess.

I have only ever had a personal and premier account with HSBC, and am in the middle of moving everything away from them as quickly as I can.

Since I have moved my personal account over to barclays to join my Business account... I find that I can make payments to any barclays account and it is in in second paying money over to my HSBC account to clear off any current balances with them currently takes about 2days to clear... Don't get me wrong HSBC acknowledged the payment the next day but it doesn't clear for 2days, sometimes 3 days.

In fact recently I have found that I can make SWIFT payments in europe and they clear quicker than some BACS
Doctor is correct - there is a new thing called 'faster payments' which will send payments done online within 2 hours to ~most~ other banks in the UK. You may have to select the 'faster payment' option, but it has been around now for about 2 years, for business and personal accounts.

Doctor is correct - there is a new thing called 'faster payments' which will send payments done online within 2 hours to ~most~ other banks in the UK. You may have to select the 'faster payment' option, but it has been around now for about 2 years, for business and personal accounts.

I have no doubt he is right, just talking from experience....

I somehow think they will keep that type of model, ie. the old VB / IPB model, as it works well and previous discussions have concluded a majority like that type pricing structure. There would be no reason for the renewal to change unless you specifically had those products under your license. Quite honestly I would expect each product to simply come with its own upgrade fee, as one would normally buy x product, then y later, z another month, etc. If each product is sold independently allowing for the most flexibility, then I would imagine each product will come with its own price and upgrade uniquely. People seem to like that type of payment flexibility the best.
I really like that type of system... except for the varying renewal dates. In (my) ideal world there would be a way to pay a 'catch up' fee to synchronize the renewal dates of the add ons to the xf license renewal date.

I'm using vb 3.8. I've never updated to 4.0 because it looked and acted like a big mess... so glad i didn't...
I'm plannig to give xenForo a serious look and i would love to buy a license for 100$. Once the script is mature enough, the spanish translation is finished and i can get all or most of my mods that i had with vBulletin 3.8, i will switch! no doubt on my mind....after all, these are the guys that created vBulletin...

I'm just questionning if it's a mistake to buy the license for 100$ and decide to upgrade a year or more from now and in the middle of all that i have to pay an annual maintenance fee? In that case, it would be better to wait until im ready to switch...

Hopefully this will be answered by the team at xenFORO...

Thanks

Top Bottom