Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

Besides the whole annual fee discussion, it's always better to pay exactly what you use. The way IB operated lately, you had to buy extra stuff even if you didn't need/wanted it, only because it's part of the "full package". I really hope new XF products (cms, gallery, blogs, whatever) are completely separated in pricing. This way the XF team will also have a clear view of what products should advance (for example with vb4 IB has no clue how many of the customers that bought it use for example blogs, or cms or both etc).

In retrospect, it appears that IB was "pumping" the bottom line with one-time cash sources in preparation for this sale. Showing an upward trend helps boost the sale price, based on erroneous expectations of continued growth. Pretty common practice when you're grooming for a sale.

Ah nice to see another who share's my point of view of this vB mess since November. You may run into some of my posts along the same line around here, Grant.
This last gobbling of IB by whomeverrrr was conclusive, if more were needed.
...and +1! on your "Vista" footer. Spot on...
Cheers

vBulletin had it as well, as does IPB (I think).

Its so people consider paying yearly, rather then waiting, and having to pay the reactivation; After the initial sale, they only make money off of renewals after a single customer.
Which is what I mentioned previously as one of the things I didn't like about vB, even before the vB4 mess.

This is a very large thread and i haven't read all of it but my question is: Will we have to attach a domain to the license? I plan to purchase a few at the $100 price but don't even have sites planned for them yet.

So, can I purchase licenses without a place to stick them?

Ah nice to see another who share's my point of view of this vB mess since November. You may run into some of my posts along the same line around here, Grant.
This last gobbling of IB by whomeverrrr was conclusive, if more were needed.
...and +1! on your "Vista" footer. Spot on...
Cheers
They got a name for it; like "eating you children" or something like that.

This is a very large thread and i haven't read all of it but my question is: Will we have to attach a domain to the license? I plan to purchase a few at the $100 price but don't even have sites planned for them yet.

So, can I purchase licenses without a place to stick them?
That hasn't been mentioned at all so I wouldn't think so.

A lot of people are planning to buy licences and just hang on to them until they are ready to use them.

Please consider adding an alternative payment method to PayPal! (Since you are UK Based you can use Moneybookers for example). Many people hate PayPal. Personally I would hate to have my account reactivated at Paypal (since my cc are linked to the old account, I cannot use the CC directly).

2. In this post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/importers.221/#post-2073 Kier mentions that there will be "one importer" from VB3.x to XF and that you would like to have another one ready for IPB 3.x.
There are people like me that have a different software from IPB or VB. Would you consider providing a simple workflow on how to import in generic way from any message-board-software to XF? Some people will find it usefull I believe

Please consider adding an alternative payment method to PayPal! (Since you are UK Based you can use Moneybookers for example). Many people hate PayPal. Personally I would hate to have my account reactivated at Paypal (since my cc are linked to the old account, I cannot use the CC directly).
Google Checkout might be a good alternative to those that don't want to use Paypal...is known worldwide, and also accepts CC and unlike the other one mentioned does not have a complicated fee schedule. It's very straight forward. 

I agree, Google Checkout to the list would be quite nice.
And if google adds the cc to your google profile, you can go in via dashboard and delete the payment method, which deletes the card details.

Top Bottom