Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

When you put it like that, the cost of diesel today I can buy 1.43 copies of XenForo on a tank of fuel, give or take a line or two of code of course.

Or skip around ten trips to McDonald's, or two nice dinners out (or four semi-nice dinners), or four pizza deliveries or... really, it's pretty easy to scrape up a one-time payment of $100, if you aren't living at the poverty level. And probably nobody with an internet connection and a computer of some sort is living at the poverty level. But I accept that I may be naive there.

Branding Removal
The copyright information in the lower left corner of this XenForo pages must remain visible and unedited unless a branding-removal option is purchased at an additional cost of $250. Other extras and services will be purchasable in the future.

Additional suggests to me that you will pay for the branding-free on top of the original cost ($100 or $140). You will then pay your $40 p/a as standard.

Can I please get an answer?
I know what you're asking, being when xenforo make gallery, cms, blog, etc... as additional products, will they include that. I would see no reason why, as they will be exactly that, additional products to the main framework. All others work this way, being a one time cost covers everything... so hopefully Kier or Mike will confirm that for you.

I'm seeing ambiguity in the question: The branding removal will cover branding removal in any add-ons that would be associated with that license (should they exist). If that's not the question, please clarify.
He wants to know if the $250 branding-free option covers the board plus any add-ons, say a blog or a CMS, etc. Something that cannot stand on its own but rather needs the board to function.

I'm pretty sure that's what Mike just answered: yes, the branding-free fee covers any add-ons. :)
Yep, that's how I read the answer also... no ambiguity in that one. If xenforo release a blog, cms, gallery, blah blah blah... and you have a branding free license, then for that license there is zero branding on further products made and distributed by xenforo.

Obviously third party mods are not part of that equation.

but there are things that you can't buy in a 99cent store. And Asda-Wal-mart's selection of single malts is pitiful :D

There's only one time in my life that the "buy cheap buy twice" motto has failed. well actually now I think about it, buying vb4 on pre-sale unseen probably counts as "buy cheap" ;) :oops::D
I usually feel that the only times i get burned is when i dont buy cheap.
Like with vB4 suite.
:D

this page has led me to realize this.

if XF launches more features in the future like blogs/cms/photo-gallery, i guess they would cost extra and might require a higher yearly fee than USD 40.

the IPB model. :(

Top Bottom