Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

I to be honest was going to hold off until it fit my needs better(cms/gallery/what not)...

However... I don't see how I can pass up a $100 deal on such a promising software.

Interesting.

A bit too high for buying a copy just to test or play with though. Shame - Im sure a few people would have considered that. Perhaps you should have an "evaluation" licence thats only valid for test installations.

Curious about one thing, why is in $ and not £ ?

Seeing how vBulletin has been $160 from day one, with half the features that XenForo has, while XenForo is already (in my opinion) beyond version 3.x of vBulletin in comparison (quality wise, modernized, etc), I think a $100 start (or $140 day later) is very reasonable.

Those who desire to evaluate it can simply use this web site. And additionally ask questions.

google checkout is another option they can consider. some people detest paypal for their shady policies. but they remain one of the most popular online payment services on the web today.

Seeing how vBulletin has been $160 from day one, with half the features that XenForo has, while XenForo is already (in my opinion) beyond version 3.x of vBulletin in comparison (quality wise, modernized, etc), I think a $100 start (or $140 day later) is very reasonable.

Those who desire to evaluate it can simply use this web site. And additionally ask questions.

It's a valid question though posted by Paul M. Seeing as both Mike and Kier, maybe even Ashley live in the UK. Meaning the XenForo company is UK based. So why deal in dollars ($) instead of pounds (£)?

I thought the same thing also as Paul, and there's nothing wrong asking the question?

Initially, PayPal will be the only payment method. PayPal is the most flexible option that we can implement at this time. I'll let you know where you can send cash ;) or make direct payments to the bank.

I agree it has to be one of the most easy to manage and flexible options, most people though don't seem to realize that there is an option to pay just with a card and that an account isn't required. As you guys are here in the UK you should consider implementing paypal express checkout and paypal pro checkout to make it easier for those that miss this functionality.

It's a valid question though posted by Paul M. Seeing as both Mike and Kier, maybe even Ashley live in the UK. Meaning the XenForo company is UK based. So why deal in dollars ($) instead of pounds (£)?

I thought the same thing also as Paul, and there's nothing wrong asking the question?
Possibly: population of the US ~300M, population of the UK ~60M.

Nothing wrong with the question at all. :)

I agree it has to be one of the most easy to manage and flexible options, most people though don't seem to realize that there is an option to pay just with a card and that an account isn't required. As you guys are here in the UK you should consider implementing paypal express checkout and paypal pro checkout to make it easier for those that miss this functionality.
As someone who runs a paypal account at my store, it can be a royal pain in the A@@, it is never easy regardless of which version you use but you're right about not needing an account to use it as a customer. All you have to do is have a valid credit card and paypal does the rest. 

Top Bottom