[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE

[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE 1.1.4

No permission to download
Hello,

I would like to use this plugin in xenforo 1.4 but I get the following error, if I delete a account:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.6 mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o Server at x.com Port 80

Hello,

I would like to use this plugin in xenforo 1.4 but I get the following error, if I delete a account:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.6 mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o Server at x.com Port 80

just for reference, i've had it installed since 1.3.5 and i'm up to 1.4.2 now and it still seems to be working for me. i'm running centminmod tho.

I have a problem with this addon. If user use self delete than the profil will delete and the member page.
But the likes of the person are online.
So i have a lot of 404 errors in my forum and this is bad.

The solution is, delete all likes if a user delete himself or leave the member profil online.

I need a fix.

I'm pretty sure this behaviour is default within XenForo. Likes and other references to deleted users are not removed and links may remain which point to deleted (or indeed banned) users.

A 404 is a perfectly valid and expected response when the data does not exist.

I am not currently maintaining this add-on (and haven't done for some time) but there are other add-ons:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/self-delete-by-waindigo.32728

Hi,
I have Install : wanigo self delete and this adoon , now i try to deinstall the wanigo addon ,
and i becomme this error :
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: is_pending_delete in D:\Parallels\Plesk Panel\Vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\XenForo\Visitor.php on line 670

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 670
    XenForo_Visitor->offsetGet() in UserSelfDelete/Listener.php at line 89
    UserSelfDelete_Listener::frontControllerPreView()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in D:/Parallels/Plesk Panel/Vhosts/roughnecks-germany.de/httpdocs/index.php at line 13
i hope you can help me.

After user deleted, all his/her user name should replace with "Guest" in message info. That would be an option.

@Chris D very kindly allowed us to continue to maintain his add-on in the future. Thank you!

We already published a small update to fix an issue with the redirect screen for users waiting to be deleted. Also this add-on is officially XF 1.4 compatible now.

i hope you can help me.

The add-on from Waindigo is not compatible with this add-on, unfortunately. Both of them use the same database column names. We'll add that fact to the FAQ.

If you had uninstalled Waindigos add-on first and this one later, this add-on would have detected the problem automatically and would have uninstalled itself without errors. However, since you've uninstalled this add-on first and Waindigos later, you ran into this problem. Maybe Waindigo could help you out.

If not, try to reinstall this addon again and uninstall Waindigos first and this one after it. This may work (but no guarantee).

Last edited:
After user deleted, all his/her user name should replace with "Guest" in message info. That would be an option.

There is already an option to attribute content of deleted users to another user account. To accomplish what you want you just need to create a new internal user account named "Guest" or "Deleted User" and set the option to attribute content of deleted users to this user.

Just for the information of all who are interested:
We have a premium version with extended features of this add-on finished already and it'll be published shortly.

Some of the extended features will be:
  • Change usertitle of TBDU (To Be Deleted Users) to a string of your choice
  • Send confirmation mail to the user who decides to delete his account (to prevent abuse)
  • Send a reminder mail to TBDU one day before deletion occurs.
  • Disable the conversation system for TBDU
  • Alternatively: set up an auto-responder if you've "Conversation Essentials by Syndol" installed.
  • Prevent the automatic deletion of superadmins and admins (if they strangely decide to delete themselves)
The premium version is not compatible with this free version currently (when ours was coded, we didn't know that Chris will allow us to continue supporting his add-on), so we'll have to add an upgrade path before we can release it. But it should not take too long...

Last edited:
I'm can't it to work - after self delete my test user it cannot login in the forum, it stays loading, loading, and goes nowhere (no error in nginx or xf logs)

And even in 1.0.4 download the xml version shows 1.0.3

I'm can't it to work - after self delete my test user it cannot login in the forum, it stays loading, loading, and goes nowhere (no error in nginx or xf logs)

And even in 1.0.4 download the xml version shows 1.0.3

This is clearly an indication that you do not have the most recent version installed. Please download version 1.0.4 and upload the new files and install the XML in your ACP (like with every add-on installation or upgrade). It has to show 1.0.4 if you upgraded successfully. Use Chris' Add-On Installer, if you have problems with upgrading.

The bug you experience (infinite redirect loop when friendly links are not enabled in XF) has been solved with 1.0.4.

Top Bottom