[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE

[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE 1.1.4

No permission to download
Comparing, I prefer this add-on due to the more extensive explanation given to the user of the process as well as the definable time period before the delete occurs.
Although I do like that the other sends an email verification requiring a click to confirm - provides a double check that a password hack/guess or a 'friend' doesn't delete an account for a joke or other purpose. Is it possible to extend this with that functionality? You could also use this email to request they complete a 'leavers survey'.

Also, my log doesn't have the actions/entries with the green, yellow, red backgrounds as per the description screenshots. Did I miss something?

Also, my log doesn't have the actions/entries with the green, yellow, red backgrounds as per the description screenshots. Did I miss something?
Yeah... that's not on my dev copy anymore either... weird. I will check that out.

As for the e-mail confirmation, I thought that would be a good feature too. But in the end it was kept more simple. I will look at what work is involved to add it.

Chris

If a member deletes his/her account and want to come back later.. can we just change the username "iAm Noob" to his original username again for the "great comeback" ?

and The other personal details will be asked to fill up again...

No, that wouldn't work because if you've had 10 users delete themselves, you wouldn't be able to distinguish which posts belonged to which user.

ok... so you are associating all posts whose authors have deleted their accounts with the "I am Noob" account. Got it thanks for the clarification. Nice addon and am gonna install it today

Oh this will save me alot of work deleting users manually, and its perfect that users have some time to regret it before the account is actually deleted. Very well made.

When i try to unistall it it give me this error

An exception occurred: Undefined index: is_pending_delete in /home/theblazi/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Visitor.php on line 627
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 627
  2. XenForo_Visitor->offsetGet() in UserSelfDelete/Listener.php at line 89
  3. UserSelfDelete_Listener::frontControllerPreView()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  5. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 154
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theblazi/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
How to fix please?

Many thanks for this great add Chris (y)
Just one thing, i'm cant delete logs :confused:

EDIT:
Last version downloaded is 1.02 not 1.03

Great resource Chris. Quick question. For some reason, the Delete Account link in the Account Dropdown isn't appearing in the unordered list, and is at the top of a second column. I'd rather it be elsewhere, like under Preferences. What's the best way to do this? Here's a screenshot:

xen-ul.webp

Chris, a small problem with this when viewing the user log over multiple pages. When trying to click on next or page two of the user log, I get the following error message:

The controller XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Log does not define an action called EmailChange.

I don't get any error log record.

This is cool and I've just added it to my site. Would it possible to get it to send out a email say a week before the account is due to be deleted, confirming the deletion and saying you've got seven days to change your mind otherwise there is no turning back. it might temp the deleted in anger type posters back.

Hi Chris, thank you for this addon. I was curious enough to see if I could delete my admin account and I was able to do it. Not a real problem though, I can explicitly deny the permission on the admin group. However, when I try to go back to the forum to cancel the request, I get a redirect loop.

I found the bug. It only applies when you don't have friendly urls activated.

In library/UserSelfDelete/Listener.php

Search for:

PHP:
if ($visitor['user_id'] && $visitor['is_pending_delete'] && !strstr($requestUri, '/account/delete-account') && $dependencies instanceof XenForo_Dependencies_Public)

Change it to:

PHP:
if ($visitor['user_id'] && $visitor['is_pending_delete'] && !strstr($requestUri, 'account/delete-account') && $dependencies instanceof XenForo_Dependencies_Public)

@Chris Deeming is there anyway to force a use to have to put in a reason, if people are leaving the site I'd like to know why but they don't put in a reason.

Top Bottom