Windows 10 Beta Tester

I'm using it as my primary OS and everything works like a charm for me. Definite improvement over W8/8.1, IMO.

@Sheratan - I finally got Office 2016 working. Cortana is acting up though. She just dose not want to get along with my Realtek audio board. How is she ( Cortana ) working for you?
Uninstall the driver > restart > install the new driver. In case you use any anti-virus, be sure to uninstall the antivirus first, then the driver and so on... faced similar issue with my network card.

Uninstall the driver > restart > install the new driver. In case you use any anti-virus, be sure to uninstall the antivirus first, then the driver and so on... faced similar issue with my network card.
I use a fresh install, so there is no old driver. :D

It's too bad I don't have any flagship lumia, so I can't try continuum or wireless display :(

I thought it was called Cortana?
Microsoft Cortana is an intelligent personal assistant created by Microsoft for Windows Phone 10 (where it supersedes Bing Mobile),[3] Microsoft Band,[4][5] and coming to Windows 10,[6] iOS, Android,[7] and the Xbox One.

Cortana is available via Windows Insider to both PC and mobile preview users of Windows 10. Cortana also got leaked as an Android App APK ahead of its launch on July 2015.

Cortana's features include being able to set reminders, recognize natural voice without the user having to input a predefined series of commands, and answer questions using information from Bing (like current weather and traffic conditions, sports scores, and biographies).[15][16][17] Windows 8.1's universal Bing SmartSearch features are incorporated into Cortana, which replaces the previous Bing Search app which is activated when a user presses the "Search" button on their device.[18] Cortana also includes a music recognition service.[19] Cortana can also roll dice and flip a coin by asking the commands "roll a die" (one die), "roll the dice" (two dice), and "flip a coin",[20] Concert Watch is a feature that helps Cortana determine which bands or musicians you are interested in by monitoring your Bing searches.[21] Cortana also integrates with the Microsoft Band for Windows Phone devices if connected via bluetooth.[22][23] On the Microsoft Band Cortana can make reminders and bring phone notifications

The Insider Builds were an absolute disaster on my machine, and it's not that old of a notebook. 10130 was bug ridden and any attempt to update to a newer build version resulted in a borked machine that could not fully boot into Windows. The 10240 build fixed all that and seems to be fairly stable.

Windows will never be my daily driver, but at least I won't dread booting into Windows 10.

The Insider Builds were an absolute disaster on my machine, and it's not that old of a notebook. 10130 was bug ridden and any attempt to update to a newer build version resulted in a borked machine that could not fully boot into Windows. The 10240 build fixed all that and seems to be fairly stable.

Windows will never be my daily driver, but at least I won't dread booting into Windows 10.

Yeah I can't recommend less than 10162. That update was pretty good and I see no real issues on the latest either.

I threw an SSD and didn't know they were cutting off insider activations. Installed 10130 and it wasn't receiving any updateds. Burned a linked 10162 iso and it wanted a key but ended up doing an upgrade with windows booted and that did the trick. An hour or so later received the 10240 update.

images
upload_2015-7-20_15-49-35.webp

:eek:

I'm using Win10 admittedly not as much as I would usually use a Windows OS. Seems to be much better than Win 8 which follows the usual Microsoft release pattern of 1 good OS, 1 awful OS (XP good, Vista awful, 7 good, 8 awful, 10 good!).

Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come :rolleyes:

Windows 8.1 actually isn't that bad. Took some time getting used to it, but it was on the computers in my IT 100 class during spring quarter and it's on my laptop.

Top Bottom