Will you guys consider upgrading your design when 1.2 comes out?

IcEWoLF

How about it guys? The current style is okay, but it feels sooo beta/alpha look, I'd like to see more squarish type of design instead of round stuff...It would be nice, it would give XenForo.com a meaner look.

I don't see any point in default style changes in x.X.x point release. After all, you can adjust everything if you don't like it. :)

If you want square corners instead of round open IE8.

I have to admit, square corners, a meaner look are not things I associate with good web design. Not can I disagree more that it has a beta/alpha look to it.

How about it guys? The current style is okay, but it feels sooo beta/alpha look, I'd like to see more squarish type of design instead of round stuff...It would be nice, it would give XenForo.com a meaner look.

Ice ism't there a theme or style that could give you what you want?

Oh heck NO!

The theme is one of the great things about Xenforo! It might benefit from a slight freshen up, but even that is debatable, and it is great as it is for the default theme.

So easy to change, anyone can do it in minutes, so I see no reason at all to mess around with the default too much, allowing customers to do that themselves is a much better idea.

HUH! I just noticed the ugly big Arrow borders are gone now.. is that a Firefox improvement, or a 1.1.4 improvement????

No, no, this "feels sooo beta/alpha"...
50-year-old-computer.jpg

and... *lol*
koalamain.jpg

Oh heck NO!

The theme is one of the great things about Xenforo! It might benefit from a slight freshen up, but even that is debatable, and it is great as it is for the default theme.

So easy to change, anyone can do it in minutes, so I see no reason at all to mess around with the default too much, allowing customers to do that themselves is a much better idea.

HUH! I just noticed the ugly big Arrow borders are gone now.. is that a Firefox improvement, or a 1.1.4 improvement????

Mike fixed it in 1.1.4 (or Atleast a work around of the problem).

Reactions: Kim
I use Firefox most of the time. I posted like 20 themes, heavily customized my own site, made a custom mobile theme and I still don't remember seeing a bug. Shame on me.

The 2 changes I'd ever like to see is

1 - Responsive design (officially by XenForo).

There is a paid alternative (currently) and the support for it is above expectations (good developer). But there is always that small chance, like with any other 3rd party product.... That it could be discontinued for whatever reason.

2 - Clear defined

When styling xenforo... I learned there is a lot hidden here. This current style has more boarder and layers than you know. But you don't see them because they're all white.

At first glance, I developer either sees a blank slate or a lot of work to do. I'd like to encourage the discouraged, by showing them that a lot of the frame work is already there. But I'd also like to show off those edges and boarders & not just have the blank, empty space feel of the default.

I think the style looks fine as it is. Sure some of the border-radius: 2,000,000px solid #hexvalue; in the navbar :D could be lowered but I think the style looks clean, and stands well to showcase the product.

That's what customisation is for. For the user who purchases it to make the enhancements she/he wants to make to the style.

Top Bottom