1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you guys consider upgrading your design when 1.2 comes out?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by IcEWoLF, Mar 27, 2013.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

How about it guys? The current style is okay, but it feels sooo beta/alpha look, I'd like to see more squarish type of design instead of round stuff...It would be nice, it would give XenForo.com a meaner look.

2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Sorry to be awkward but I like the design. It has a classic look.

It would be nice to have a few different tweaks for 1.2 but not a major change.
    If the rounded bits go please keep as option maybe an official design addon.

3. arr0w

arr0w Member

I disagree, I like the style a lot and more important, it's fast and easy to modify. There are many free and paid styles out there, you can always install something else. ;)

4. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Please, no metro.

5. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I don't see any point in default style changes in x.X.x point release. After all, you can adjust everything if you don't like it. :)

6. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

A New Design should arrive with the next major release 2.0 - not one second earlier - to make all addons compatible.

DarkGizmo, tyteen4a03 and Andrej like this.
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you want square corners instead of round open IE8.

I have to admit, square corners, a meaner look are not things I associate with good web design. Not can I disagree more that it has a beta/alpha look to it.

Lisa, DRE and Biker like this.
  8. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Ice ism't there a theme or style that could give you what you want?

9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Oh heck NO!

The theme is one of the great things about Xenforo! It might benefit from a slight freshen up, but even that is debatable, and it is great as it is for the default theme.

So easy to change, anyone can do it in minutes, so I see no reason at all to mess around with the default too much, allowing customers to do that themselves is a much better idea.

HUH! I just noticed the ugly big Arrow borders are gone now.. is that a Firefox improvement, or a 1.1.4 improvement????

SneakyDave, DarkGizmo, Russ and 2 others like this.
  10. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

No, no, this "feels sooo beta/alpha"...
    [​IMG]
    and... *lol*
    [​IMG]

Alien, Dynasty, sonnb and 1 other person like this.
  11. James Freeman

James Freeman Member

Mike fixed it in 1.1.4 (or Atleast a work around of the problem).

Kim likes this.
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Wut arrow borders

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It was a Firefox bug that I worked around.

kkm323, IcEWoLF, DRE and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing so Mike, those of us who use FF really appreciate it! :D I am amazed it took me so long to notice you had fixed it!

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I use Firefox most of the time. I posted like 20 themes, heavily customized my own site, made a custom mobile theme and I still don't remember seeing a bug. Shame on me.

16. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

The 2 changes I'd ever like to see is

1 - Responsive design (officially by XenForo).

There is a paid alternative (currently) and the support for it is above expectations (good developer). But there is always that small chance, like with any other 3rd party product.... That it could be discontinued for whatever reason.

2 - Clear defined

When styling xenforo... I learned there is a lot hidden here. This current style has more boarder and layers than you know. But you don't see them because they're all white.

At first glance, I developer either sees a blank slate or a lot of work to do. I'd like to encourage the discouraged, by showing them that a lot of the frame work is already there. But I'd also like to show off those edges and boarders & not just have the blank, empty space feel of the default.

tyteen4a03 likes this.
  17. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I think the style looks fine as it is. Sure some of the border-radius: 2,000,000px solid #hexvalue; in the navbar :D could be lowered but I think the style looks clean, and stands well to showcase the product.

That's what customisation is for. For the user who purchases it to make the enhancements she/he wants to make to the style.

Ingenious likes this.
  18. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Could not disagree more with OP. Beta/alpha? o_O The style looks fine as default.

Shelley likes this.
  19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

Guys I am not talking about my own site design...but xenforo.com :)

20. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Why should they? The entire purpose of leaving things "stock" is to showcase the core software. It's not supposed to have a "meaner look".

masterchief and Shelley like this.