Will you guys consider upgrading your design when 1.2 comes out?

I agree with the OP in some respects, the site is a couple of years old now and anything that's a few years old will always start to look a little dated. So, maybe a little cosmetic refresh here and there but I don't think it needs anything drastic. Or even have a selection of skins/themes available for us to see a variety of implementations here.

Guys I am not talking about my own site design...but xenforo.com :)
As does everybody else?

On the suggestion: I disagree, too. Style is fine for showcasing, and surely not something to make great changes in other than major upgrades (i.e. xF 2.0). I'd rather have them develop the software than add a variety of different styles.

I'd like to see it polished up a bit, people like shiny things and tend to buy if it looks great and works well, apple is a good example.

The design is 3 years old, which is a long time on the internet. But there are other more important things to do. XF is easy to style, so we can always add our own design.

I don't think a redesign is needed for a x.X or even a x.x.X version. I'd rather see them focus on new features and improvements and then roll out a new design for X.x.x release. Eg: 2.0

The style is fine the way it is, it's default and doesn't need to be changed right now iMHO. XF is easy enough to skin so it's pretty simple to change the styling if you're un-happy with it. :)

I think 2.0 should reevaluate the default look considering it will be released in 2014 more than likely... I mean, This software will be 4 years old then.

Mike, Kier, I am begging you, make the corners square! For the love of GOD and all that is good and holy, get rid of the rounded corners! Make things more shiny! Are you trying to murder our aesthetic sensibilities? Do you really hate us that much?

This miserable, dated excuse for design is nothing less than an abomination! A hate crime, if you will, against our eyes, and the eyes of the entire world. Think about what you're doing. The consequences of your actions reach far beyond your petty desires and whims, you selfish, conniving *******s.

Then in five years, when everyone changes their minds again, please put the rounded corners back.
Thank you.

I just want a style like vBulletin 3 was. Something that can easily be adjusted while not changing the entire look of the forum. It's a forum software. Not a whole lot that needs to be reinvented. You shouldn't have a thousand style properties to sort through to change ****.

The design is 3 years old, which is a long time on the internet. But there are other more important things to do. XF is easy to style, so we can always add our own design.
Most people do not use the stock style, and those that do due so because they like the stock style.

Major style changes also break free and premium styles, and require updates to add-ons to keep the stock appearance. Overall it is not a good idea to constantly change the default style or else you create additional work for third party resource providers as well.

I love XenForo theme, I just dislike the homepage layout. Again not the design just the layout ...

Top Bottom