Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

magic-8-ball.gif

yes, if modifications similar to vbulletin ; start appearing for XF

i hope infraction or similar system comes in as default or atleast gets a decent modification for the same

/me asks his magic 8 ball...

Concentrate and ask again

/me asks his magic 8 ball... again...

Signs point to yes

Sadly, I have a vB4 license, but have never actually used vB4 in production, and probably never will. We don't use half the features in 3.8, so whether it exactly matches vB in terms of feature set matters very little to me. As long as it has the basic essentials, all is good.

I was thinkg more about a possible conversion and concluded that I'll convert only:

* there's a Sphinx solution
* no data will be lost (that include Albums, Blogs and Social Groups - they may be converted to subforuns, maybe)

... and that's it.

It'll be easy to get me :D

/me asks his magic 8 ball...

Concentrate and ask again

/me asks his magic 8 ball... again...

Signs point to yes

Sadly, I have a vB4 license, but have never actually used vB4 in production, and probably never will. We don't use half the features in 3.8, so whether it exactly matches vB in terms of feature set matters very little to me. As long as it has the basic essentials, all is good.

Be glad you aren't using vBulletin 4. Your site might crash and burn.

on one of my sites articles are a major feature, so impossible to convert without an article system. however I have another blog to which I have been wanting to add a forum system. so I plan to use xf on that provided I can find a way to bridge with word press.

I have two forums on VB one publishing suite OK will stay but will close the 3.8.6 version when xenforo is a little stable - I have been a little miffed with vb since the takeover and with the need to buy a maintenance licence for my wholely owned licences.

So good luck guys this is a great initiative.

RoyMogg

I still use vB 3.x on my boards and one of those will have to stay as is for various reasons, but one of the others is a simple BB so would lend itself perfectly for conversion. ( having convinced the village elders, of course)
I await eagerly for the opportunity to at least do a few dry runs :D

Forgot to vote. Unfortunately the answer remains a 'No', until XenForo can provide solutions for Blogs, CMS and User Albums. So I dearly hope that in the time to come (2011, maybe 2012?) those major missing functionalities can be provided.

I can tell you all this, aside from other coders, I am a coder that is moving to XenForo as soon as it is released. I have many goals for my coding abilities on XenForo. I'm anxious to dig in.

vBulletin is a memory for me already.

Top Bottom