Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

I think I most likely will want to convert if I can hire someone to create the mods I want. It is not many that I want but possibly a little to specific to expect the coders to go out and do it with out incentive.

This board is such amazing i will code all the custom modules i actually have myself to convert to this (it's about 2000 lines of code).
But only if i see that there is a great code-base and i like the code of xenforo. =)

I may convert my forum to xenForo. We'll see what the end product looks like and how long it'll take them to get a blog + gallery add ons (with importers). I wouldn't want to lose my blog posts and albums.

Also, hopefully there is an easy conversion process. One like vb's where it'll read only the database and allow one to test. I may pay for a conversion, if xenForo will have that service.

I'm one of the unfortunate people who don't own their own vB forum, but I'm a member at fairly big one, and it's staff likes the looks of XenForo so far. From the looks of it, they're definitely considering switching over in the future. This place beats vB4 out by a long shot. <3

I've recently converted my main forum from vB to IPB (which I'm very happy with, it suits my needs well) so there won't be a conversion for me. I may start a new project with it though, depending on licensing costs. It does look very promising!

I'd have to see how everything develops with this. I imagine I'll want to switch, but I don't know how feasible it would be, as I use a lot of plugins/products, many of which I sloppily coded for my forums and my specific situation. Not to mention, I'd be curious of the cost. Forum prices have been going up in price rather drastically these days, and I have no idea if I'd be willing to pay what might be charged.

The price should be pretty comparible with features available at the time of release. Nothing like promising features on a presale, huh. I can see the possibilities. Will depend on features and the ease of customizing it. Don't get me wrong I'll purchase right out opening day. But to put on a live site, no. Gotta make sure it has what I need for my communities. But man I wanna get my hand on the templating system. Get some darker themes going.

Top Bottom