Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

I have 20 licenses, my brother and other family members have 4+ licenses per person. And I have customer accounts for my customers and ppl who I run their sites for, etc.

They will all stop using vBulletin or convert to xenforo.

We are sersiously considering it for at least 3 of our forums. We won't make a decision until we've seen the admin backend and got our hands on the code though.

Definitely not. I need more than just a forum. But perhaps I will use it for a new project. Depends on the features on release because I think Kier and Mike still have one or two things on their ToDo list ;)

I just do not know which communities to convert over.
I am deeply concerned about a few of mine that I really like, but lost motivation for, the users are not as involved as they should be.
Another half a million posts just waiting to be thrown away I think.

I will likely use this for a new project. There's some things it looks like it might not have until later, but if I find I do need them now I'll likely just code it myself.

As I've mentioned previously XF is in need of easy and well documented API's to connect external scripts (like Joomla, WordPress, Image/Video Galleries, Shops etc.) and the ability to network multiple sites with single sign-on. Even if XF not developing those addons, bridges can be a huge selling point in the first few years.

I'm not converting my existing sites as it would way to much stress for longtime users but definitely considering for future projects.

One important thing is missing, a flexible secondary categorization. Call it tags, prefixes, or just smart secondary categories...or user/admin defined sortable/search-able extra fields (like GARS for vB had it). Many people using already those in existing solutions and many forum owners want special functions to spice up/make unique communities .

Brian from vB Advanced is a member here. I'm pretty sure that he's considering a xFAdvanced. ;)

I own or administrate quite a number of boards, many of which may well end up up XenForo. However most are heavily modified and all of them have some form of CMS/portal as a front end which would be a requirement. As I'm already using Brian's vBAdvanced on three installations, an XFAdvanced would be most welcome :)

I have 3 sites all with vB 3.8 and have refused to spend any further money with IB, hence no vB 4 or buying a 3 month addition to my licenses to pay for upgrades. I will be switching over to XF when it is available on all 3 sites.

Its way too early to say now. What do you mean with ' when its ready' ?
I really hope that XF will provide the necessary functionality at some point. But that will either take a very very long time, or a lot of additional developers coding for XF.

I really like XenForo but realistically converting over anytime soon just isn't happening... vB 3.8 still has a lot of life left in it and I have so many mods and customizations I would lose a lot if I transferred... but of course I'd gain a lot too- but my members are very anti-change. However if I ever had to make a new forum I'd seriously consider starting with XF.

Brian from vB Advanced is a member here. I'm pretty sure that he's considering a xFAdvanced. ;)

Pretty sure he already bought the domain (First day he signed up).

Actually Brian grabbed "XenAdvanced" but because I know that he is going to end up going "Darn it! I should have grabbed XFAdvanced instead!" I was a nice guy and grabbed those for him as well before somebody else did. When he is ready, or when he notices this thread, I'll transfer them over to his account. :D

Top Bottom