Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by wii, Aug 2, 2010.
Just an obvious poll
I'm unlikely to -convert- my existing forums, however I'm holding back on releasing a project right now to use XF instead of vBulletin, because I view XF to fit my needs much more then vBulletin can.
I possibly will convert my vBulletin sites to XF when all the mods (Or enough information is available for me to make my own) I require are released.
I don't own a board (I just code, weird he ? ) but I surely will work on mods for the platform !
Agree with Forsaken, I will use this for a new project first and get used to it, then potentailly ugrade as and when th esoftware gets to a level that matches my current board requirements.
I don't think version 1.x will have all that I need for my current board
I already went from VB to IPB 3.1 and I love it ...
now with Nexus coming out with a REFERRAL SYSTEM plus PAYMENT GATEWAY that XF doesn't have nor intends to implement
I will only put 1 forum on XF instead instead of all them.
I actually think 1.x will eventually have the mods required to compete with vBulletin, at least with the majority of features (Calendar and Gallery withstanding, but they're useless on vBulletin anyways).
I'm assuming many of the more well-known mod creators for vBulletin will be moving to XF.
100's of factors in that question.
At the moment not until I could rip XF apart and add a gallery.
I have VBGallery from photopost installed with 23K + images in it that is an add-on for vBulletin.
I guess I could convert it to work with this forum or convert a photopost pro plugin to work, but it would be down the line once I get my hands in the code and see what the "hooks / plug-ins" language looks like in XF.
IF I still had a vB license, YES, in a heartbeat, no second thoughts, no hesitation at all.
That said, I do intend to use my xF license for a new project.
I have two licenses...still on 3.8.x but bought into the pre-sale for both. Regardless, I'm looking forward to moving to XenForo when it's ready.
Its really to early to say yes or no for me. I have a heavily modified vB forum and I dont want to lose any functionality. I will wait and see how XenForo develops. If it is better than vBulletin in sometime and I can get equivalent mods for my existing vB mods then I can consider shifting.
What I require most is a article system like GARS, a homepage CMS like vBadvanced and a News mod which can post news on the main page.
technically there isn't any question (cause XF is a way better) ... yes i should go with XF ... but it depend what are the costs of this operation and if it's easily done ... cause if i wanna do that i need to downgrade my board to the 3.8.x ... obviously any new project will start with XF ..
Would love to convert. But first will have to recode my mods to work with the new board and that depends entirely on how the new plugin/hook and template system is. I would certainly buy a new license as soon it comes out though
Brian from vB Advanced is a member here. I'm pretty sure that he's considering a xFAdvanced.
Pretty sure he already bought the domain (First day he signed up).
I’m using vBulletin for some projects and none of them got the step to vb4 even through I got the licenses. In the way vB 3.8.7 will be the last version of vB3 I had to look for new software and I had been waiting for Xenforo the last 2 years. A lot of pictures with delicious food on Kiers Twitter later I’m able to play with this new software.
I hope a lot of vB addon coder will find their way to Xenforo. I spoke to some colleague and they had the same “old feeling” from the older vB3 days when we translated and create little hacks for vBulletin.
On the smaller sites, yes. On the big board, I would have to play, test and have it live elsewhere first.
Well yeah xfadvanced is already registered if you test its availability at a domain registar
I'm hoping to get a lot of the developer contacts I know to release things for XenForo.
I know at least two have the drive to do so, but they lack the time to put in the work between our projects and work.
I won't convert my vBulletin board to XenForo because I want to first make some tests, know the forum and develop some plugins that are needed for my community. But I will buy my license the day that is available !
Most of them (and us) had that problem. But I belief in Kier, Mike and Co and there standing in the scene.
Separate names with a comma.