Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

Not sure about converting right off the bat, but I will be buying a license to test it as well as support xenForo to keep them moving forward. Once add-ons become available and a gallery option is created, 3rd party or not, then the switch should be easy for me... I need a gallery.

I also contacted Drive Thru Online and they will be looking at coding their software for xenForo, I use their vendor tools.

I have HIGH hopes for xenForo, even if it takes time to build up the mods and add-ons.

I will most likely buy two licences, one for a small forum I own for the motorcycle club, about 20 posts per year :D and I'll upgrade or reinstall that one since it is a phpBB forum and there won't be an upgrade script for that (at least for the time being).

As for the second licence I'll use it to test and check performance on my main forum but will not upgrade before checking performance on big sites. We already dropped vB CMS in favour of wordpress (altough I didn't like the move but it's way faster) so CMS will not be an issue, only thing that concerns me is performance on a 6M post forum with 2.000 to 3.000 average users online. I haven't yet installed digitalpoint sphinx but am considering it, and will most likely give a test run on a VM for xenForo to check upgrade, performance and styling possibilities on my main site (zwame).

I'm going to convert my older, dead forums that are running older messy versions of vB3.8.x where the licenses have expired. For my current big sites, I'll grab licenses and see how things progress. I'll probably install as a beta test for current members, so they can get their feet wet. Having gone through a terrible vB3 to vB4 upgrade earlier this year, I don't want to put my members through any major changes until I feel 100% comfortable. That being said, I'm comfortable enough to make a sizable investment in licenses.

This of course is predicated on there being able to redirect my old vBSEO urls to new XF urls. I'm not so sure that's going to be ready in early October.

I can now safely say, yes I will. The price is right, and the more and more that's revealed about the software XF seems like it will suit me just fine. Thank the good Lord I did not update from VB 3.8 yet!

I'm going to do some testing with the license in beta, see what others have to say, do some more testing, look at reviews, keep following up, and reevaluate everything. ATM I have a positive feeling about it and there is certainly a high probability we're switching. But since it's a pretty big decision for a big board obviously, and there isn't really a way back, it can't be taken lightly.

Price is great, software is amazing but...
This of course is predicated on there being able to redirect my old vBSEO urls to new XF urls. I'm not so sure that's going to be ready in early October.
...will determine whether we will convert our big board to XF <insert "fingers crossed" smiley>
But since it's a pretty big decision for a big board obviously, and there isn't really a way back, it can't be taken lightly.
Absolutely right, this is why we didn't move to VB4 when it was "fashionable" to do so...

My last vBulletin forum was a vBulletin 3.7.something, so I don't have a vBulletin forum to convert, to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think I'll convert out of MyBB and IPB 3.1 yet, but it could be an option.

I'm actually asking an admin of mine to use Xenforo for our future community forums.

After consultation with a few interested parties I've decided, subject to testing, I will be moving a number of forums onto the XenForo platform. It won't happen for quite sometime because XenForo currently doesn't meet with our user's requirements. However I have enough faith in the product and the team behind the product to start planning ahead so I'll be buying one or two licences at the launch to see what we can develop to meet our user's needs. I'll also be keeping a close eye on what 3rd party developers are producing. I'm fairly confident that towards the end of this year/beginning of next I'll have more than one forum up and running on XenForo.

I voted no. I will be testing XenForo with new communities that I am putting together, but all of my existing communities will not move over until the plugin developers start making quality plugins comparable to vBulletin. I will also wait until the software is stable with the features I need. But I look forward to testing the BETA when it's released for my new forums.

I'm going to seriously consider converting my site over to this. I run a forum for our gaming guild that's been around for about 10 years now, so it sees a good amount of traffic. We currently have done some custom user integration and use a Wordpress front end for blogs on top of vbulletin 4 (I Couldn't stand the CMS system so we went with what we liked)

As long as we can do something similar with XenForo, I'd look at it in a heartbeat. Especially if it's easier to change the look and feel of the forums.

Not sure about converting right off the bat, but I will be buying a license to test it as well as support xenForo to keep them moving forward. Once add-ons become available and a gallery option is created, 3rd party or not, then the switch should be easy for me... I need a gallery.

I also contacted Drive Thru Online and they will be looking at coding their software for xenForo, I use their vendor tools.

I have HIGH hopes for xenForo, even if it takes time to build up the mods and add-ons.

Agreed. Definitely need the gallery.

I probably won't convert any of my live forums until more features (such as photo gallery) become available, if I convert them at all. But any new forums I make will most likely be with XF. :D I'm hoping they make some kind of ACP testing feature here like other forum softwares have. I'd love to try it out before I buy. From the user end it looks great, but I'd love to mess around with the ACP first. :)

Top Bottom