Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

It has taken over 1 - 2 yrs even for the developers to make this thing into existence , and they also are the main persons who made vb2 , vb3 into existence as well , even the designs of vb4 were made primarily by kier as i know it.

To Match with what vb has will take a minimum of 2 - 3 yrs , So a clear answer is "NO" Not now , Tagged for Future Use ^..^

PS : I may hate hate hate vb4 or hate IB for the crookery they did with vbulletin classic script , but really making another vbulletin.org and the community and friends i have there , will never be irreplaceable ....

Gosh there's a few people expecting everything under the sun on day one.

Almost have agreement on converting an IPS powered site to xF. There's a few mods that we use which I'll code up into xF, and the major ones the members can wait on. Also need articles, reviews, and arcade modules ... but Rome wasn't built in day.

I'll transfer all our non forum stuff to a holding site, link that in, and away we go.

I want to be able to turn around in five years or so, move the zimmer frame to the side of the chair, adjust the blanket, and ramble on about the days of xF 1.o.

I'd like to convert as soon as possible but, i need a cms and a blog before i can convert.

But if there is a blog and a cms (as an official addon or as a mod) I will instantly convert ;)

I will launch the first formal forum with Xen when it's ready.But it seems that some useful functions of Xenwon't benefit us,because the internet in our country blocked Twitter\Facebook etc.:(
The admin control panel hasn't been released,so I'm not sure whether I can disable this in control panel.

The main thing that would matter for me if I should consider moving over to a new forum software (using vB now) is if it offers a way to edit Styles that doesn't need detailed knowledge about CSS. At the moment, editing styles in vB is very time consuming, especially since editing a value for one area also changes values for other pages, but vry often in a non-logical way. This isn't a problem if one follows the same 'contrast scheme' as the default skin (dark text on light background), but the moment some areas are given a darker background - and already have dark text - some areas become unreadable.

vB's current Stylevar system doesn't offer a good overview, and a new generation of site/forum owners have grown up with very-easy-to-use phones, computers, iPads etc. Anything that requires a lot of steps, manual reading and trouble shooting is rapidly becoming outdated.

So: if one needs to be a coder to customize styles and layout, the answer is no. If XenForo adds the many missing features found in other forum packages, and has a simple UI for editing styles - and if vB doesn't evolve fast enough in the area I mention here, the likelihood that I'll move onto XenForo is much higher.

I will launch the first formal forum with Xen when it's ready.But it seems that some useful functions of Xenwon't benefit us,because the internet in our country blocked Twitter\Facebook etc.:(
The admin control panel hasn't been released,so I'm not sure whether I can disable this in control panel.

Twitter, Facebook and Youtube are not accessible at all in China ?

i think it is a new script and there will be some problems about security and add-on or styles. i think i can convert xf now but if you have a big forum, i suggest that you can watch this script and you can decide that this script is improving or not ..

Like many others, I won't be converting (after a week or so i won't actually have any sites running on vB anyway) but I am tempted to start a new forum or six using XF when we can get our grubby mitts on it!

Sure, why not? Definitely like the idea of building a new site around it too. Something informative, built on this eye candy sheer gorgeousness is sure to be a hit!

P.S. Strike-through available straight out of the box? My, you spoil us. :)

Whether or not I convert will depend almost entirely on how viable remaining with my vB 3.7 installation is, and -- above all -- how easily I can learn the inner-workings and customize it. I have a very heavily customized forum and would have to be certain that I could duplicate most of the same functionality I've spent so much time creating within vBulletin.

no, I won't.. since all my vB licenses have since expired, and I didn't feel like buying new ones, so I converted to a different forum system all together... for now... but... I most likely discuss it with the powers at hand, and try to convert to XenForo if convert scripts are available for other Forums like phpBB and others...

Thank god, that half of my brands aren't launched. Because now I can really consider using XENFORO on my sites!

Then, to boot - SEO. Its got SEO, SEO, and then......more SEO.

EDIT: Baidu? I've been seeing that in my google analytics, and on my forum "who's online" page...Now I know what it is!

Top Bottom