Will VerticalScope try to acquire Xenforo?

Kier and Mike have gone through that as well ... and I am 110% sure they were not happy with that - if they would have been happy, there most likely would be no XenForo today.

Having worked with them (back in 2006 at Jelsoft), I do trust Kier and Mike that they have no intention to sell XenForo.
This!

Maybe XF 2.3.0 will come with nice surprises ;)

I saw that topics have been marked fixed, a new version should be released soon and if we go to 2.3.0, there will be new features, well I hope..

Last edited:
I really hope not having just moved to XF myself.
There's another thread here where we are discussing how VerticalScope seems to be in trouble right now (stock price has tanked for various reasons) so I doubt there's much chance of them acquiring anything. More likely the majority owner dumps them and they get acquired.

It's a company which owns a number of forums.

They run a modified version of XF across all of their sites.

There's another thread here where we are discussing how VerticalScope seems to be in trouble right now (stock price has tanked for various reasons) so I doubt there's much chance of them acquiring anything. More likely the majority owner dumps them and they get acquired.
Wouldn't it suck to see VS go under completely, killing off all the forums they own? All of that cataloged information in each of those forums just gone from one day to the next. I would hope that the forums they have which are still active would be sold off so they'd stay online. Maybe they're not at that point, but hopefully that's what would happen if they get there. I know they have some pretty good communities in their portfolio. It would be a shame to have them disappear.

It's a company which owns a number of forums.

They run a modified version of XF across all of their sites.
They made a considerable offer for my 5 million+ post vB4 site about 18 months ago. They have been trying to buy it for 10 years.

I politely declined.

Wouldn't it suck to see VS go under completely, killing off all the forums they own? All of that cataloged information in each of those forums just gone from one day to the next. I would hope that the forums they have which are still active would be sold off so they'd stay online. Maybe they're not at that point, but hopefully that's what would happen if they get there. I know they have some pretty good communities in their portfolio. It would be a shame to have them disappear.
I imagine Torstar will try to sell their stake. Maybe a new majority owner will find a way to keep them viable. I have visited the odd VS site as a result of search results and that sort of thing but can't say I ever found much useful there.

I imagine Torstar will try to sell their stake. Maybe a new majority owner will find a way to keep them viable. I have visited the odd VS site as a result of search results and that sort of thing but can't say I ever found much useful there.
Personally, I'm not a fan of their custom XF template. But I don't have any data on how well it works for them - or not. I just don't think it's very intuitive.

Top Bottom